Impairment Manager - Customer Credit - Banking
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
Top retail bank based in Dublin is expanding its Customer Credit Function and is now recruiting for the role of Impairment Manager and are looking for a leader to devise and build a framework to ensure delivery deadlines.
- Experience in a relevant financial services environment with a good understanding of all retail products.
- Knowledge/ experience in impairment forecasting methodology, accounting standards compliance, internal governance to support policy setting.
- Deep knowledge of impairment modelling (DCF, Emergence, LGD) and analytical forecasting techniques for Retail Products – experience in IFRS 9 implementation and modelling a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of statistics, econometrics & loss modelling.
- Highly proficient in data analysis, cleansing and mining techniques, with exposure to SQL, Visual Basic and/or SAS.
- Knowledge of Regulatory (Basel) and Accounting principles (IFRS 9/GAAP) that govern impairment and Capital Adequacy/Demand.
- Excellent analytical skills – highly numerate
- Working with internal stakeholders to ensure annual planning deliverables are met and drive an appropriate champion challenger environment
- Devising/ building a framework to ensure agreed delivery deadlines (corporate calendar) are met for all areas under your remit
- Ensuring a robust impairment process is in place that maintains prudent levels of provisions on the Bank’s portfolios
- Giving Credit Risk insight to appropriate Risk Committee's – including where appropriate Board Risk Committee and Audit Committee.
- Providing assurance that the Customer Credit function is prepared for internal/external audit and co-ordinate responses and activity on behalf of the Chief Credit Officer
- Overseeing monthly provision reporting cycle
- Supporting internal and external stress testing activity
- Ensure provisioning, policy & MI is in line with regulatory/ shareholder expectations and in particular relevant regulatory guidance where applicable
This is an ideal opportunity for an Impairment Manager professional currently in a similar positon or looking to move from a impairment modelling position in to a more development and building role with great independent reach.
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description
please contact Ciaran on 01-8746770.
Or email email@example.com