IFRS Finance Project Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
Senior Finance professional with strong technical accounting skills in IFRS, insurance and change management required
Superb opportunity to join a leading global Financial Services Company in a senior role with full responsibility for the assessment, design and implementation of the new IFRS standards, in particular the new insurance accounting standard (IFRS17). The successful candidate will form part of, and will be supported by, the Group Finance team
You will work closely with the actuarial team and the wider IFRS project teams to ensure the IFRS adoption is both timely, commercially viable and consistent with group and local reporting policy.
- Assess impacts of new financial reporting standards for the Irish business.
- Design, implement and manage a commercially and regulatory sound plan for a timely, efficient and group consistent adoption of new regulatory standards by engaging all relevant stakeholders (financial & investment controllers, actuaries, Audit Committee).
- Represent the Irish business in the global financial reporting group process ensuring the Irish agenda is appropriately considered and the Irish business is adopting global policy efficiently.
- Ensure adoption of new standards is well documented, tested and using technology efficiently so that reporting and control process is sustainable in a production environment.
- Ensure industry developments in financial reporting standards and associated technology are assessed, associated issues and adoption strategy proposed and agreed with the relevant finance leaders
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA qualification) with substantial experience in insurance financial accounting and group reporting
- Highly self-motivated with a proven ability to initiate, develop, implement and manage project objectives at a senior level.
- Strong technical financial accounting skills with proven experience in managing the assessment and adoption of new reporting standards in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
Interested parties should click the APPLY button to direct a copy of their CV to John Ennis of Paragon Executive for immediate consideration or call John on 01- 874 6770 for further information