IFDS TA Project Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Project Manager is responsible for the project coordination within Transfer Agency. The Project Manager will develop business cases and requirements. He/she will actively lead project meetings, monitor the progress of the assigned projects and provide updated status to the business units. The Project Manager will document issues, coordinate solutions and monitor their closure. The Project Manager is also responsible for the coordination of testing and implementation of the project. He/she will assist in the development of procedures, controls and training. The Project Manager will be expected to work on several projects at one time. The Project Manager interacts with all groups involved in the project lifecycle, both internal and external, with the ultimate goal of ensuring successful completion of the project.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Project Manager you will
• Delivery of projects within the project delivery team and line Management of junior Project Managers
• Project types include operational change and technical system changes
• Develop the Business Case in conjunction with the Project sponsor.
• Define project scope based on the Project sponsor's objectives together with input from the appropriate stakeholders, both internally and externally
• Liaise extensively with clients to establish exact requirements, agree solutions and define timeframes for project deliverables
• Proactive identification and management of project risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
• Thorough documentation throughout the project life cycle including collation of all required signoffs
• Issue tracking and management, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are in agreement with the resolution steps
• Perform a cost/benefit analysis under the direction of the Project Owner Monitors project milestones
• Report project status and issues to business unit on a regular basis.
• Coordinates User Acceptance Testing and implementation planning
• Assist with the development of the Training Program for the project
• Interface with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities across all organizations involved in the project
• Coordinate internal Legal & Risk requests
• Works within the Transfer Agency Project Office structure and ensures that all standard templates are used
What we value
• Minimum 4-5 years of management/supervisory/project management experience in financial services
• University degree in accounting, banking, finance, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification (PMP, PRINCE)
• Knowledge of Transfer Agency function is a strong advantage
• Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Project)
• Excellent communication and influencing skills skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
• Strong Presentation and Facilitating skills
• Good organisational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated, innovative and analytical.
• Good prioritisation and time management.
• Good people management & supervisory skills
• Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• End to end experience of project lifecycle
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers