IFDS Project Manager - Officer
1. JOB SUMMARY
The Project Manager is responsible for the project coordination within Transfer Agency. The Project Manager will be responsible for project scope definition, planning, risk management, stakeholder management and project governance. He / she will actively lead project meetings, monitor the progress of the assigned project tasks and provide updated status to the business units. The Project Manager will document issues, coordinate solutions and monitor their closure. The Project Manager is also responsible for the coordination of testing and implementation of the project. The Project Manager will be expected to work on several projects at one time.
The Project Manager interacts with all groups involved in the project lifecycle, both internal and external, with the ultimate goal of ensuring successful completion of the project.
The Project Manager will have direct interaction with clients as stakeholders of the project. 2. JOB DUTIES
- Management of projects within the Transfer Agency department
- Project categories include Regulatory, Strategic, Technology Improvement / Maintenance & Client Requested
- Project types include operational change and technical system changes
- Development of the Business Case in conjunction with the Project sponsor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED -
- Definition of project scope based on the Project sponsor's objectives together with input from the appropriate stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Engage extensively with clients to establish exact requirements, agree solutions and define timeframes for project deliverables
- Coordination of stakeholders across multiple locations and time zones
- Proactive identification and management of project risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
- Thorough documentation throughout the project life cycle including collation of all required signoffs
- Issue tracking and management, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are in agreement with the resolution steps
- Perform a cost/benefit analysis under the direction of the Project Owner
- Monitor project milestones
- Report project status and issues to business unit on a regular basis.
- Present project updates and key decisions at program level steering meetings
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing and implementation planning
- Assist with the development of the Training Program for the project
- Interface with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities across all organizations involved in the project
- Coordinate internal Legal & Risk requests
- Work within the Transfer Agency Project Office structure and ensures that all standard templates are used
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously and management of pipelines of small related projects will also be a feature of the role
- Line and Matrix Management responsibilities
- Minimum 4-5 years of management/supervisory/project management experience in financial services
- End to end experience of project lifecycle
- Experience with client facing engagement and management of same
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good prioritisation and time management.
- Strong Presentation and Facilitating skills
- Good people management & supervisory skills
- Self motivated, innovative and analytical
- Excellent communication, interaction and influencing skills
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Project)
- Excellent communication skills,
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency function an advantage
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification
This position is open to receive applications up to and including Friday 22nd November 2019.