IFDS Project Management - Assistant Vice President
The New Business Implementation Manager is responsible for the coordination of new business projects within Transfer Agency (including fund launches, balance only and full data conversions)
The Project Manager will be responsible for the project scope definition, project budget, project planning, inflight strategies, operating model design, risk management, stakeholder management and project governance.
He/she will actively lead project meetings, monitor the progress of the assigned projects and provide updated status to the business units. The New Business Implementation Manager will document issues, coordinate solutions and monitor their closure. He/she will assist in the implementation of operating model, procedures, controls and training. The New Business Implementation Manager may be expected to work on several small projects at one time or a large project covering a number of work streams.
The New Business Implementation Manager interacts with all groups involved in the project lifecycle, both internal and external, with the ultimate goal of ensuring successful completion of the project. Experience of Transfer Agency and new business implementation would be an advantage. Core Requirements:
- Management of client-facing projects
- Lead in client project calls and Governance
- Participation and lead in Legacy Admin Project Calls
- Management of BA's Workflow/Challenges/Escalation
- Internal Senior Management Steering meeting management
- Management of Workstream Meetings
- Conversion Strategy Management and documentation
- In-flight Strategy Document
- Conversion Run-Book preparation and management
- Team management inclusive of resource allocation and project scheduling
- Defines project scope based on the Project sponsor's objectives together with input from the appropriate stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Liaises extensively with clients to establish exact requirements, agree solutions and define timeframes for project deliverables
- Proactive identification and management of project risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
- Thorough documentation throughout the project life cycle including collation of all required signoffs
- Issue tracking and management, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are in agreement with the resolution steps
- Document the operating model
- Preparation of Non-Standard Process reports and facilitating their review with Risk and Compliance
- Reports project status and issues to business unit on a regular basis.
- Leads interaction with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities.
- Coordinates internal Legal & Risk requests
- Works within the Transfer Agency Project Office structure and ensures that all standard templates are used and required resources are procured.
- Must be willing to travel as part of the role - mostly between Ireland, Lux and UK.
- Previous years of management/supervisory/project management experience in financial services
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Project...Excellent communication skills,
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency function
- Good organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interaction and influencing skills.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good prioritisation and time management.
- End to end experience of project lifecycle
- Formal Project Management qualification
- Strong Presentation and Facilitating skills
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
This position is open to receive applications up to and including 31st January 2020.