IFDS Compliance Officer - Dublin or Kilkenny
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
IFDS Compliance Officer - Dublin or KilkennyAs an Officer within the Compliance - Monitoring & Testing team, you will be responsible for upgrade, maintenance and implementation of the IFDS Ireland Compliance Monitoring and Testing programme in supporting the management of Operational & Regulatory risk.
You and your team will liaise with all IFDS Ireland operational teams to ensure that appropriate and effective processes and controls are in place and perform detailed testing and sampling for selected areas.
You will have a good theoretical and practical knowledge of the regulations impacting investment funds in Ireland and be able to include requirements in appropriate detail within the Monitoring & Testing programme. You will be integral to ensuring that operational teams understand the practical implications of regulations and guidance.
As part of your role, you may be directly or indirectly responsible for other tasks such as compliance reporting, facilitation of internal and external audits, performing regulatory filings and abnormal transaction reporting.
People management responsibilities may also form part of the role.
You will be based at IFDS offices, Bishop's Square, Redmond's Hill, Dublin 2.
- Manage the review of business processes and procedures to identify operational/regulatory controls and assess their effectiveness through testing and sampling.
- Manage the provision of management reporting on findings and recommendations and work with the business to agree the implementation of recommendations.
- Assess and monitor trends in errors and breaches to identify control weaknesses and quality improvements.
- Update the Monitoring & Testing programme as regulations, policies, and business practices change.
- Provide expert guidance to the business on the application of regulations and legislation impacting Transfer Agency.
- Contribute to the compliance process by facilitating daily and monthly tasks.
- Foster a culture of compliance and risk awareness
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal business partners as well as internal and external advisors to collectively identify and implement best practice processes and controls
- Support colleagues in the Compliance team in fulfilling their responsibilities; assist more senior colleagues when required to do so and deputise in their absence.
- Participate in committees as requested.
- Complete compliance risk management projects as assigned.
- You will have comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency / Fund Administration business.
- You will have an understanding of the Irish funds industry regulatory environment and be able to include requirements in appropriate detail within the Monitoring & Testing programme
- You will have experience of developing and implementing Compliance Monitoring programmes including experience with risk assessment and internal control methodology.
- You will have experience of staff management.
- You will have experience in handling and resolving complex/unusual operational and managerial problems.
- You will have at least 5 years' experience in a similar environment, ideally including time spent within a Compliance, Audit or Trustee function.
- Attention to detail and concern for quality.
- Strong business writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time/project management skills; ability to manage time in order to meet deliverables
- Team orientated.
- Business related degree preferable.Compliance qualification preferable.
This position is open to receive applications up to and including 30th April 2019