IFDS - First Line of Defence (FLOD) - Business Continuity - AVP
Define, implement and execution of company wide Business Continuity incident management plans, Business impact analysis and recovery planning, Oversee testing by business and technology functions, Training and awareness functions, Attend and present on BCP conformity / risk at relevant governance committees
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative company that plays a prominent role in the Transfer Agency business in Ireland. As part of the role you will be responsible for implementing the business continuity programme and management with the following responsibilities:.
- Support allocated business areas in developing Business Impact Analysis documents and recovery plans, including crisis management teams. Ensure these tools are effective and address business requirements
- Provide guidance on the testing of continuity plans covering loss of site, staff, business applications, internal and external dependencies in line with Company planning standards.
- Complete regular conformity data analysis for assigned business units to understand and gain feedback from continuity contacts regarding gaps and weaknesses.
- Increase understanding of appropriate solutions in line with criticality of business operations, and provide guidance to business groups.
- Serve as a team on-call controller for incident management and support the company Crisis Management Teams including scheduling crisis conference calls, supporting emergency communications, preparing and distributing status updates, ensuring execution of action items, and creating post-incident reports, etc.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide ongoing monitoring of developing situations
- Be able to support incidents of both a physical and technological nature working with appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Be able to provide quick and accurate internal communications during business incidents.
- Must be willing to provide support for incidents outside of office hours in line with possible disruptions.
- Support simulation exercises and training and awareness initiatives.
- Develop understanding of in house Business Continuity Planning Tool in order to business areas and ensure effective recording of plans and test results.
- Provide a proactive approach in the analysis of any material organisational changes that could have impacts on business areas continuity plans.
- Provide support and BU guidance for technology recovery exercises
- Raise risks and issues where appropriate in the Issues Management Tracking Tool and tracking known issues to resolution in a timely manner.
- Produce MI, reporting and input to dashboards and executive summary reports as required
- Lead / support ad hoc business continuity projects as required.
- Support internal audit requests.
- Support related programmes by collaborating with Subject Matter Experts on third party risk management, corporate information security and recovery and resolution and resiliency planning.
- Build strong relationships with the Business and members of the Business Continuity community across the IFDS business.
- Contribute to client due diligence requests and deliver client presentations
- Ensure management attention and adherence to CIS and other Risk assessments and feed into internal Risk Programmes
As a member of the Business Governance operational management team, contribute to the leadership of IFDS Ireland as required.
Exercise sound decision making. Take into consideration all the factors and assess each situation effectively.
Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable to Change.
Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that processes are efficient and seen as customer focussed and quality driven.
Adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership in all tasks and interactions.
Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives as required. CLIENT SERVICING
Build and develop a strong client relationship management discipline.
Continually look for opportunities to enhance the client service experience and prevent client issues arising.
Foster an environment where procedures and policies are adhered to and procedural changes are introduced to enhance the performance of the group.
Ensure that teams are meeting deliverables and provide support to ensure that goals are met. RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation
Actively support the overall organisation and Transfer Agency Training Plan
Utilise management information to assist in managing both business expectations and internal resources
Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department
Using corporate HR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports CHANGE CONTROL/ PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Responsible for timely acknowledgement of change requests .
Respond to internal and client queries on requests for support ad hoc dealing events
Participate in relevant internal & external Steering Group meetings where appropriate RISK & REGULATORY
Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organisation.
Promote and drive risk awareness, assessment and control within the department.
Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately.
Ensure the implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements where required. COMMUNICATION
Liaise positively with all internal groups including Operations, Risk and Compliance.
Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues
Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope and responsibilities, objectives, training and competency requirements
Develop effective working relationship and communication with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported Skills and Experience: Requirements:
Educated to degree level or equivalent industry recognized qualification
10+ years of relevant experience in business continuity management, services operations or risk and controls disciplines
Deep knowledge and understanding of controls frameworks and how to execute them and in particular Business Continuity Management is an advantage
Proven leadership, teamwork and communication skills
Experience of influencing others in order to move toward a common goal
An ability to think strategically, disaggregating business plans and transactions into the component risks
An independent working style and the will and strength of character to ensure plans are implemented in full
Articulate, authentic and credible; Flexibility of approach to respond to changing strategies and tactics
Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate and influence effectively
A relationship-builder, able to quickly build trust-based (rather than transactional based) relationships with multiple stakeholders including external clients
Experience of managing teams and using differing viewpoints to obtain insights and reach an optimal outcome
Highly organized, analytical, detail and action oriented
Excellent English oral and written communication skills (fluency required)
Good knowledge of Power Point and standard MO package
Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour
This is a Control Function (CF) position and therefore any offer made is subject to completion of the appropriate Central Bank of Ireland checks and the subsequent approval of same.
The position is open to receive applications up to and including Monday 5th August 2019.