IA Operational Risk - Vice President
Description About Citi
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18079046
Citi has had a presence in Ireland since 1965 and was one of the first foreign banks to open an office here. Citibank Europe has been Head Quartered in Dublin since January 2016 and is Citi's single EU-passported bank, with operations in 21 countries across the EMEA region and is regulated by the European Central Bank with a long-term rating "A" by all three primary Rating Agencies. The businesses covered by Citibank Europe include Markets and Securities Services, Corporate Banking, Trade and Treasury Solutions, Private Banking and Consumer. As of 2016, Citibank Europe has a net income of US$852 million, over 9,000 employees and more than 60 % of these working in the Citi Service Centres. Department Overview
In Citi Ireland c.30 audit professionals provide audit assurance over the activities of Citi Legal Entities based in Ireland and other EMEA locations, as well providing audit assurance coverage on Citi's global processes. Internal Audit teams based in Ireland are comprised of staff focusing on Treasury and Trade Solutions, Prime Futures and Securities Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, Operational Risk Management, Model Risk Management, Compliance, Finance, Capital Planning and Regulatory Reforms. Team Overview
The Internal Audit Operational Risk Management (ORM) team is part of the Group-wide Internal Audit Risk team, and has responsibility for auditing the Citi's ORM function, the ORM framework and associated ORM standards and procedures. There are four members of the IA ORM EMEA team based in Dublin, 1 Senior Vice President, 2 Vice Presidents, and 1 Assistant Vice President.
Other members of IA ORM EMEA team are based in London, and we work together with IA ORM colleagues in APAC, as well as with colleagues in a variety of Citi's USA locations. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications Experience and Skills:
- Develop and execute a robust Audit Plan, in conjunction with other team members, in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations, and Citi policies.
- Deliver on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Use excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Frequently involved in matters that require professional judgments and solutions based on analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues.
- Analyze reporting findings and recommend appropriate interventions where needed.
- Propose creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with stakeholders to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Contribute to the development of audit processes improvements, including participation in the development of efficient audit techniques.
What we Offer
- Experience in a related role with experience in risk management, from either the 1st, 2nd or 3rd lines of defense, with proven abilities in taking responsibility delivering outputs to a high quality and timely.
- Strong business understanding of Operational Risk Management activities.
- An effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Experience in managing teams or team members through projects and initiatives.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
At Citi, you will work for a world-class bank with a strong global brand and obtain an exposure to Citi's businesses and functions in Dublin and across the globe while developing highly-transferable skills that will provide the foundation for a varied career in Citi.
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- Competitive paid annual leave
- A non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover
- Citi also supports a further education policy
- Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related subjects
- Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes
- Opportunity to work in a flexible environment where the business can support
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer