Hiring Juinor Fund Accounting for Ireland
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Aug 18 2018-08-23
The core functions of the position is to assist in the preparation of accurate daily fund valuations, financial reports and to meet agreed targets and deadlines. The position is responsible for daily fund valuation, responding to client queries, ensuring regulatory compliance and office administration.
Working with other colleagues to get the following regular tasks completed
- Responsibility as part of a team for Fund Accounting daily processes, adhering to daily deadlines.
- Meeting client deadlines in terms of various service level agreements.
- Responding to client queries including liaising with various data provider platforms.
- Preparation and assistance with yearend audits and interim financials according to IFRS requirements
- Compliance - regulatory reporting.
- Department administrative functions
- Extract prices from price feed and update into system
- Daily expense and income accruals
- Daily monitoring of scrip and cash
- Reporting of daily NAVs
- Review of trial balance for each fund for accuracy and reasonableness
Reconciliation of all balances to external sources Corporate actions
- Track and record corporate actions
- Highlight complex corporate events in advance and be able to implement and understand the accounting aspects of the events
- Trade monitor, capture, settlement – equity, money market, CIS trades
- FX trade monitoring, execution, capture, settlement
- Liaising with brokers, custodian, investment manager to resolve any issues arising from trades
- Ensure compliance with client’s mandates and industry standards.
- Daily, monthly, quarterly, annual extraction of data for compliance purposes; ability to apply analytical skills to identify problem areas in any data
- Preparation and/or review of regular and ad hoc management reports
- Daily/quarterly/semi-annual/annual reporting in terms of financial regulator/investment manager/custodian/director requirements
- Assist in the provision of information in the preparation of financial statements in terms of IFRS
- Preparation and assistance with the annual audit
- Performance calculations
- Ensure integration across all systems
- Perform system reconciliations on a daily basis
- Regularly update of procedure manuals
- Willingness to independently maintain up to date knowledge of the industry and applicable legislation
- Willing to embrace new systems and procedures
- Maintain good relationships with brokers/custodian and set up new relationships and accounts where required.