Head of Risk Management
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 12 Oct 18
SLOD - Head of Risk - FinTech
Superb opportunity to join a leading global and renowned FinTech company with significant operations in Dublin. This is a newly created position, reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer and working within the second line of defence.
The successful person will be responsible for developing an effective risk management framework for the company and will be a key figure, alongside other governance functions, in promoting effective internal controls and risk management. They will advise on all aspects of risk management and will put practical structures and frameworks in place to allow for effective understanding of the company risk appetite and the management of enterprise risks within that appetite. It is vitally important that all risk framework structures support both the commercial and the governance requirements of the business.
The ideal person will relish the opportunity to create a function in line with best practice and the practical requirements of the business. They will need to operate effectively with all levels of management including the Board and will have the skills to adapt their style to their audience.
- Agree a risk appetite with senior management and with international and local teams
- Ensure the Board is aligned to the agreed risk appetite and keep them updated on material changes as appropriate
- Design a risk management framework and effectively embed this framework from an operational perspective
- Introduce practical structures to monitor and manage key risks in the Group
- Oversee the management and reporting of key risks through the use of risk registers and other appropriate tooling
- Work closely with all levels of management to support effective risk-based decision making
- Work with other governance functions to ensure risk methodology and risk appetite are aligned across the first, second and third lines of defence
- Assist in the preparation of Board and senior management communications
- In depth risk management experience in enterprise environments with a proven track record in delivering high quality risk frameworks
- Strong background in financial services or technology sectors, or ideally in the FinTech space
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the principles of effective risk management
- Practical experience in delivering effective and appropriate risk frameworks in complex multi-location businesses
- Proven track record in embedding risk management in the culture of an organisation
- Ability to align enterprise risk management with commercial and governance requirements
Interested parties should click the APPLY button to direct a copy of their CV to John Ennis of Paragon Executive for immediate consideration.
Keen to hear more before applying? Call John Ennis on 01-874 6770 for a confidential discussion.