Head of Performance and Attribution
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The Performance and Analytics team will be responsible for the calculation and provision of performance information including return calculation, analysis and attribution against relevant benchmark comparators.
The Performance and Analytics team will be responsible for the calculation and provision of performance information including return calculation, analysis and attribution against relevant benchmark comparators. The team will also be responsible for a wide range of reporting including the production of monthly fact sheets, quarterly fund reports and segregated quarterly reporting.
The team will be spread across a number of FIL locations globally and will service all asset classes and consumers of performance and attribution data.
Purpose of your role
The Head of Performance and Analytics will be responsible for this newly formed global function and all activities within it. Initially the focus of the role will be to bring together a number of legacy teams across Equities, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset responsible for ex-post performance and attribution, performance reporting and ex-ante portfolio analytics (e.g. risk, modelling, etc.) teams under your leadership. Going forward it will be necessary to balance meeting the demands of stakeholders across asset classes and geographies, drive increased consistency and quality of outputs across sub-teams and also seek to realise efficiencies. You will also be expected to drive future developments and organisational change to enhance client service and reduce cost.
- Lead the Performance and Analytics team globally , bringing together a number of legacy teams across geographies and establishing a clear common purpose and identity
- Manage, train and motivate all employees within the team, seeking continuous improvement in standards and efficiency
- Build and manage strong relationships with key stakeholders for the team globally
- Oversee re-engineering of activities from legacy teams where necessary
- Face off to the CIO and heads of asset classes to put forward articulate cases for team and ex-ante activity restructuring
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient processes, procedures and controls to ensure the quality, integrity and timely delivery of investment performance reports, analysis and attribution;
- Further develop and maintain user confidence in Performance & Attribution Team reporting;
- Work closely with Senior Management, Client Services, Investment Teams, IT and Operations in relation to new product launches and mandate changes;
- Prioritise projects, initiatives, tasks and ad hoc requests to ensure client expectations are managed
Experience and Qualifications Required
The preferred candidate will have operated at a senior level with significant performance and attribution measurement and reporting experience within a larger asset manager context, with exposure to a broad range of funds and underlying markets.
The ideal candidate would be someone with a good mix of technical, interpersonal skills, and managerial expertise who thrives on working with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility.
- Proven, senior level performance measurement and reporting team management experience
- Demonstrable technical ability and track record of leading teams across Equities, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset in both ex-post Performance and Attribution, performance reporting and ex-ante portfolio analytics (e.g. risk, modelling, etc.) across multiple mandate and client types
- Proven ability to restructure teams and ex-post and ex-ante activities on a global scale
- Proven track record of delivering cost savings and achieving synergies
- Demonstrable track record of process improvement, reporting enhancements, team building
- Exposure to a wide array of funds types and asset classes, including hedge funds and derivatives based products
- Strong focus on quality client service
- Experience of managing effective teams
- Ability to recognise and exercise judgement on those issues requiring escalation
- Ability to understand key requirements in relation to performance and attribution measurement and reporting to effectively prioritise and communicate to relevant business areas, including senior management
- Working knowledge of performance and attribution systems and best practices, in use across the asset management industry
- An understanding of the GIPS regime and its application
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Attention to detail, whilst having ability to see the big picture
- Able to deliver to the highest standard whilst operating under both time and cost constraints
- To lead by example and to constantly strive for improvement
- A dedication and commitment to delivering outstanding customer service
- Able to relate to colleagues at all levels
- Perceptive, persuasive and approachable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills