Head of Operational Oversight and Distribution | Asset Management
- Top level
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
A leading global Asset manager who is setting up a Dublin office and now requires a designated person to provide Oversight of Delegated activities and Distribution across a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services
- Be responsible for ensuring that that outsourcing decisions are made with due diligence and due consideration of the operational risks involved in outsourcing
- Ensuring that functions are performed as required based upon the applicable procedures and due consideration of risks and in line with regulatory expectations
- The holding of regular meetings with the delegate, to review, monitor and provide challenge of controls and performance
- Periodic on-site visits to perform due diligence of delegates
- Receipt and review of reporting relating to any incidents occurring through delegation or outsourcing and follow up to ensure appropriate resolution
- Escalation and reporting to the Board of any performance issues / material errors occurring with the delegate or third party
- Independent assessment of proposed new outsourcing arrangements and changes to existing outsourcing arrangements
- Oversight of targeted remediation efforts to address deficiencies that surface through risk assessments, audits, incident reporting, business continuity planning and other mechanisms
- Monitor and ensure compliance of each Fund with the relevant distribution strategy and complaints handling policy, with a focus on undertaking the tasks associated with distribution oversight and any proposed delegation;
- The marketing strategy and approach with Target markets and channels, including the competitive landscape;
- The jurisdictions into which distribution is proposed, whether immediately or in due course and the control framework for compliance with local legal, regulatory, tax or other compliance requirements, including intermediary governance.
- The control framework for marketing in a manner consistent with the terms of the Prospectus; and prepare and make available for review such reports as deemed necessary by the Board to assess the organisation effectiveness of this function.
- Provision of thought leadership to the further develop or enhance the operational control framework for the management of outsourcing risk.
- A key aspect of this ongoing monitoring will be to ensure the continuity and quality of delegated functions is maintained
- Branch oversight will include attending monthly meetings with International Head of Operations and European Head of Advisory Compliance to discuss key compliance issues relating to other branch's activities.
- Strong leadership required to enhance the operational control framework for the management of outsourcing risk
- Ability to present effectively at Board level and manage others to deliver firm objectives
- Ability to conduct independent assessments of distribution related reports, data and matters of importance
- Previous experience of supervising delegated activities to ensure delegates are delivering to the expected service standard
- Experience of board engagement to report any performance issues / material errors occurring with the delegate or third party
- Ability to conduct an independent assessment of proposed new outsourcing arrangements and changes to existing outsourcing arrangements
- Experience on the oversight of targeted remediation efforts (typically run to address deficiencies that surface through risk assessments, audits, incident reporting, business continuity planning and other mechanisms)
- Relevant experience within the asset management industry, demonstrating a deep understanding of a multi-jurisdictional fund distribution landscape
- Experience of relevant control frameworks with an understanding of legal, regulatory, tax or other compliance requirements and implications impacting distribution activities
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description
please contact Ciaran on 01-8746770.
Or email Coconnell@paragonexecutive.com