Head of Internal Audit
- Competitive salary + benefits package
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 18 Oct 18
Interested in the global technology sector? Exciting opportunity to set up the Internal Audit function for this rapidly expanding technology firm, amazing success story to date and journey only started This role will report into the CFO and Audit Committee and will allow you create an internal audit division from scratch for this global tech firm which has over 40 offices around the globe.
- Build an internal audit division, develop internal audit plans and implement internal audit methodologies to assess key controls and risks across the Group operating divisions.
- Work with the senior management teams across the group to convey the importance of the internal audit division
- Stay up to date and abreast of all operating and financial risks across the business by building key relationships across the business
- Ensure a culture of implementing all internal findings is adhered to by the senior management team
- Report audit findings to the Audit and Risk Committee in an appropriate manner and within defined time scales.
- Keep abreast of key developments within the Divisions and the general business environment ensuring that the audit programme reflects emerging risks.
- Recruit, develop and motivate internal audit staff to ensure that they complete successfully assignments allocated to them and support their professional development and ensure succession plans are in place.
- Communicate with key external parties such as auditors and relevant agencies.
- Conduct ad hoc projects and special investigations as deemed appropriate by the Audit Committee
- Experienced Senior Internal Audit manager with prior plc experience
- Proven stakeholder management skills and a demonstrated ability to work with c-suite level colleagues
- Strong knowledge of the International Standards for the professional practice of Internal Auditing and the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Ability to influence peers and colleagues in a cross cultural and cross functional global environment
- Prior experience of operating in an acquisitive environment (M&A) and demonstrated experience integrating newly acquired firms into a large global organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable operating with IT systems including ERP and internal audit systems and an ability to bring automation and efficiencies to the Internal Audit function