Head of Finance - Asset Managment
- NA EUR
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Mason Alexander
- 28 Aug 18 2018-08-28
The Head of Finance, Ireland will manage a team responsible for the accounting, reporting and control functions of the Dublin managed funds and corporate entities. This role will be expected to collaborate across functions and geographic lines to achieve operational goals, strategic initiatives and business growth strategies for the European business and Finance globally.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Dublin Finance team ensuring that work priorities are organised efficiently and that individuals are actively coached, trained and developed
- Key contact for the Dublin office.
- Ensuring a robust control environment for all financial processes, to ensure compliance with all relevant obligations including Sarbanes Oxley
- Manage the year end audits working with multiple stakeholders and 3rd party administrators to ensure audits run smoothly and financial statements are accurate, in accordance with Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS, and are approved and filed by the deadline
- Leverage a deep understanding of complex fund and investment strategies to ensure that NAV and investor reporting is accurate and that 3rd party fund administrators are in line with service levels
- Regular interaction with the Portfolio Management team in relation to performance tracking of CLOs and funds and assisting the Investor Relations team with requests from existing and potential investors
- Key Finance contact for the Central Bank of Ireland and responsible for implementing systems & controls to meet relevant regulatory requirements (e.g. periodic filings, ICAAP and Liquidity Policy)
- Member of the Enterprise Risk Management Committee and responsible for key financial risk metrics.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- University Graduate and qualified accountant with Big 4 audit experience of Funds required
- Extensive experience in a similar role with relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Strong technical accounting experience in US GAAP, IFRS, and Irish GAAP
- Exposure to the alternative fund industry, particularly hedge funds or credit funds
- Exposure to the regulatory framework in Ireland and in particular MiFID
- Strong communication skills with the ability and gravitas to present credibly, challenge and probe and to engage with varied and senior stakeholders
- Ability and desire to understand complex concepts and products
- Highly organised, goal oriented and solutions focused