Head of External Reporting - Dublin
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- FK International Financial Recruitment
- 13 Feb 19
An exciting role has arisen for the Head of External Reporting with a leading bank. You will have overall responsibility for the delivery of risk assured, accurate and timely financial, tax & regulatory information for the Bank and for the External & Internal Audits, driving audit actions and delivering control improvements.
- This is a pivotal role in reviewing existing reporting processes and driving through enhancements that will greatly improve the effectiveness of financial accounting, reporting, control & systems, requiring business transformation leadership skills, capable of influencing and leading a range of stakeholders.
- You will act as alternate to the CFO on Group Steering Committees and external engagements where appropriate and when required.
- The Head of External Reporting will lead and coach a combined team of over 40 people. As a member of the Finance Leadership team, this role will play a key role in driving the future shape and contribution of Finance, influencing at all levels and actively contributing to the management, development and delivery of the overall finance function.
Requirements for this Role
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with at least 10+ years PQE and significant experience of interpreting financial information to enable business decision making;
- Proven business transformation leadership skills, capable of influencing and leading a range of stakeholders.
- Experienced in establishing and delivering a transformational agenda (i.e. technology and/or process change) in financial services; Has lead and managed large teams of professionally qualified and skilled staff to high standards of quality, effectiveness and efficiency;
- Demonstrated capability to think and operate strategically and translate those strategies into simple execution plans.
- A sound understanding of what is required to deliver operational excellence is also important; Previous Banking and Financial Services experience required;
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Bank.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with the level of the role.