Global Regulatory Reporting Manager
About the opportunity Department Overview
Global Regulatory Reporting is one of the functions within the Global Asset Management Operations department, which is made up of approximately 420 people across 9 locations. While the AMO business is responsible for operational processing of funds managed by Fidelity, the Global Regulatory Reporting team based in Dublin, Hong Kong, and Dalian focus on the operations of various regulatory reporting activities as required by law and financial regulations in Asia, Europe, Middle East, and African jurisdictions. Our daily operations include identification, preparation and submission of position and transaction based regulatory reports on behalf of Fidelity entities in compliance with various regulatory requirements, including substantial shareholder reporting, takeovers, short-selling, OTC derivatives and industry specific reporting requirements such as MiFIR, EMIR, AIFMD and MMFR. Regulatory reports and disclosure filings are required to be made in an accurate and timely fashion to individual companies, stock exchanges and regulators within Asian and European jurisdictions as required by local laws and regulations. The team is also responsible for researching legislative changes and managing operational readiness/governance which requires liaison with external and internal stakeholders. Due to the job nature of this team, there is a requirement to cover public holidays throughout the year under a rotation program. Purpose of the Role
The Manager will have responsibility for a number of daily operational processes in place to ensure that FIL and its affiliates fulfil its regulatory obligations. The Manager will ensure the Regulatory Reporting analysts complete the team's critical daily production functions, which includes the identification, preparation and submission of regulatory filings across all relevant Asian and European jurisdictions. It is the responsibility of the Manager to ensure the regulatory reports are submitted with the highest accuracy and quality and within the regulatory deadlines. You will work closely with internal stakeholders e.g. compliance, legal, technology and other operations teams, as well as colleagues from the US FMR, Eight Roads office to ensure Fidelity's regulatory reporting standard meet and exceed expectations. The manager will also be responsible for leading various operational readiness and governance activities such as KPI reporting, Risk Assessment, Compliance Review, Internal Audit, Process improvements, and operational project management. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Co-manage a small team (3-6 people) and hold responsibility for all decisions and outcomes produced by the team
- Oversee daily operations to ensure all regulatory reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Identify operational or control gaps in day to day operations, and propose process improvement and simplification solutions
- Work with other internal and external parties to ensure that any regulatory queries and operational issues are brought to a prompt resolution
- Support the conducting of internal and external controls audits, compliance review, and due diligence reviews of processes
- Support team lead to ensure that direct reports are conversant with all new regulatory requirements and current internal initiatives and directives
- Work closely with Investment Legal team to ensure ongoing compliance with regulation and future regulatory changes are clearly understood
- Work closely with Technology to ensure that systems are developed to accommodate regulatory requirements
- Ensure that projects are supported in conjunction with the Operational Support and Change teams
- Ensure the team's MIS and performance metrics are developed to support management reporting and planning
About you About Fidelity International
- Bachelor degree or above in major of Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 6-8 years of working experience in finance/banking/asset management industry, preferably regulatory reporting and compliance
- Previous knowledge and experience of the following Reporting Regimes Disclosure of Interests, Transparency Directives, Takeover Code; and Short Reporting with additional experience in EMIR, MiFID II, MMFR, AIFMD, SFTR, HKMA, ASIC, MAS a distinct advantage
- A people manager with a track record in building and developing operational teams functioning in a complex environment
- An ability to analyse and understand complex regulatory requirements and work with key stakeholders to determine impacts to current and future processes
- An ability to work at differing levels of detail, both big picture concepts and complex detailed issues.
- Experience of effectively leading teams through operational and technology change initiatives whilst maintaining operational service standards
- Calm and confident when dealing with complex operational issues ensuring satisfactory resolution of issues
- Strong Risk mindset and effective approach to risk management with a focus on developing control framework
- An excellent communicator at all level with experience of leading and chairing senior operational forums
- Excellent relationship builder with key stakeholders and business partners
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.