Global Mobility Tax Advisor
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Global Mobility Tax Advisor
Corporate title: Vice-President (VP)
Location: Dublin, 2 Park Place
Line of Business: Global Human Resources (GHR)
Global Mobility is a specialist function within Global Human Resources (GHR). The Global Mobility team handles the bank's international assignments and transfers globally, US domestic relocations, and operates the Immigration Center of Excellence. It leads the global mobility programs, including global tax compliance, the related vendor relationships, and the systems and processes related to the organisation's mobile population in 30+ locations with 1300+ moves annually. With presence in New York, Charlotte, London/Camberley, Singapore and Hong Kong, the Global Mobility team engages with several HR business partners, Finance, Corporate Tax and Global Talent Acquisition functions to ensure operational excellence, technical expertise and support to the bank's mobile employees.
Based in Dublin, as the Global Mobility Tax Advisor you will be in front line position which will involve heavy interaction with assignees, Line of Business (LOB), HR Partners, other functions and external vendors. You will be responsible for providing HR/LOB managers with advice and counsel regarding our international assignment programs and the related assignment/relocation process with particular focus on tax implications of transfers. You will become the relationship manager for international assignees throughout the assignment cycle. As this role also involves managing highly critical processes and ad hoc project work; identifying and delivering process efficiencies we would be expecting from you to have amazing attention to detail.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Provision of consultative end-to-end assignment services based on Line of Business alignment, including:
- Enabling decision-making by sharing program recommendations and guidance with LOB partners based on facts and business circumstances
- Present/explain assignment terms, conditions and processes to assignees including explanation and proactive management of the impact of legislative changes on the mobile population
- Act as main point of contact for assignee and HR partners in designated business units during all the phases of the assignment life cycle
- Ensure the delivery of high quality Global Mobility services, including third party vendor services (e.g., Relocation, Immigration, Tax) to assignees
- Ensure that Global Mobility programs are administered in compliance with relevant legislative requirements
- Work in partnership with Global Mobility Advisors and Operations Team across all regions
Provision of advisory support regarding tax related implications of mobility, including:
- Explanation of tax logic captured in assignment cost estimate calculations to the LOB HR and Managers
- Treatment of trailing liabilities (e.g., departure cash bonus, equity and other deferred compensation)
- Counsel on tax considerations related to short-term assignments and frequent business travel
- Advise on optimal, appropriate assignment/transfer structure (e.g., social tax set-up, timing of transfer, tax residency status and impact of inter-company re-charges)
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Significant previous experience in Global Mobility specifically with individual expat tax with knowledge of Irish tax
- Experience with the financial services industry
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; ability to articulate complex concepts to a non-specialist audience
- A standout colleague who thinks and acts cross-functions
- A problem solver with a "can do" attitude, consultative approach and client service mentality
- Highly organized and numerate
- Dedicated and passionate about continuous improvement
- International experience; accustomed to work in a global team across time zones
- Works effectively under stress in a rapidly changing environment; acts with a sense of urgency, is responsive and drives issues through completion with a positive attitude
- Demonstration of analytical and research skills, communicates and analyzes multi-dimensional data, draws conclusions, and evaluates business gaps & requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products (Outlook, Excel, Power Point)
- BSc / BA Degree or equivalent
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.