Fund Board Governance - Associate
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Global Fund Services
Fund Board Governance
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®.
As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com
BlackRock is seeking an Associate to work as part of the Fund Board Governance. Whilst the role will be based in Dublin, the candidate will be servicing a range of Irish and UK entities and UCITS/AIFM Management Companies. Occasional travel might be required. The employee will report directly to a Vice President, of Fund Board Governance in London.
Key to the role will be to ensure that the highest governance standards are being applied at all times to the range companies. Working as part of a team, you will ensure that communications between the Boards and Committees and the business operate effectively and to the highest standards and that all applicable governance requirements are met and that standard company secretarial activities are completed in a timely and effective manner.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are required as the role requires regular interaction with Board and Committee members and with senior executives within BlackRock.
• Working as part of a team, to ensure the highest level of corporate governance for all BlackRock companies / funds
• Manage the business of a range of corporate entities through the setting of agendas, preparation and distribution of Board packs, completion of matters arising and minutes and the monitoring and control of Board delegations policies
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships with the Chairpersons and Directors of each entity for which you are responsible.
• Ensure company secretarial matters are properly managed
• Management of shareholder meetings where appropriate
• Work with BlackRock staff to ensure that submissions are of a high standard and are suitable to lay before the Board– proactively ensuring that they address issues of importance to the Boards
• Assist in monitoring and updating UK Board and Committee diaries
• Updating company records (both internal and Blueprint) and preparing templates
• Reviewing and drafting documents and procedures
• Preparation of minutes and matters arising for the Boards or Committees
• Assist in ensuring that all Board and Committee terms of references are reviewed and updated (if required) on a regular basis
• Assist in advising on managing, mitigating and monitoring corporate governance risks
• Support the strong governance and control framework in place across BlackRock Europe by adherence to the processes and procedures in place to meet all regulatory and statutory obligations
• Proactively work to develop and enhance Board and Committee processes and controls in response to regulatory and industry changes, and as directed by the Boards and the business
• Providing input and advice to the business and directors with regard to Board governance matters
• Report to the Boards and Committees on matters such as delegated authorities, board policies and procedures and corporate governance matters generally
• Qualified Company Secretary is preferred but is not a pre-requisite
• Excellent minute taking ability required
• Team player, with a willingness and ability to help others
• Ability to work under pressure with flexibility to adapt to shifting time expectations
• Highly organized and with excellent personal time management
• Attention to detail essential and proofing skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the business, operations and suppliers at all levels of management up to and including Board of Director level
• Ability to make presentations to the boards either in person or by conference phone – speaks clearly and with confidence
• Ability to draft clear and precise reports for submission to the Boards and Committees
• Familiarity and experience with Blueprint Software an advantage
• Good understanding and interest in investment instruments and markets would be preferred
• Knowledge of the regulatory and corporate environment for Irish and UK companies / funds would be preferred but not essential
Successful candidates must be able to maintain the confidence of the Boards and Committees and are likely to have worked in the investment/funds management industry, have a good knowledge of investment management, and regulatory jurisdictions and are undertaking or have completed professional ICSA exams.
Key personal attributes will also include a high level of intellectual agility and creativity, ability to work independently as well as part of a team and the ability to manage business expectations. As the successful candidate will be part of a team based in London, the ability to maintain relationships and communicate remotely is of paramount importance.
The role offers an excellent opportunity to develop your experience within a busy and successful team.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.