Financial & Regulatory Reporting Manager - Associate
CIB OPERATIONS - FINANCIAL REPORTING ASSOCIATE Department Description:
J.P. Morgan Fund Services provides services including Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Investment Operations, and Transfer Agency to mutual funds. The Financial Reporting team is a department within the Fund Services Operations team that houses client and auditor facing professionals that support our annual, interim and ad hoc financial statement cycles for a variety of fund structures, domiciles and GAAPs. Role Description:
This is an manager position in the Financial Reporting team based in Dublin. The role is client and auditor facing, requiring engagement with key internal stakeholders to perform oversight of financial statements cycles. Client portfolios cover a range of GAAPs and domiciles including but not limited to IFRS, Irish, Lux and US GAAP and Irish, Jersey, Cayman and Lux domiciled entities. Key Responsibilities
- Delivery of service to clients ensuring that these meet regulatory and agreed service delivery targets, including the control of the preparation, the review and sign off of fund financial statements in accordance with accounting, regulatory and client requirements.
- Oversight review audit and interim financials.
- Act as primary contact for the client, regulatory bodies and external auditors and ensure that queries/issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepare and manage timelines for production cycles, both internal and external.
- Management and implementation of any changes to service agreed with the client, according to internal policy and with regard for impacts on service level agreements.
- Participate in regular service review meetings and ensure that all agreed actions are resolved to agreed time-scales, with attendance, as required, at Board Meetings.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the overall client relationship.
- Escalate service issues supplemented with appropriate analysis and suggested rectification to Senior Management.
- Initiate, maintain and develop effective working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Ensure quality control of team production is in place and regularly implemented via agreed checklist, internal control guidance and other best practice procedures.
- Continually assess the process/procedures to identify areas for improvement.
- Translate Local Business Goals into achievable operational objectives for team members.
- Identify training/development opportunities and provide training and coaching for team members.
- Active participation, and lead where appropriate, in departmental projects/initiatives
- Represent the Financial Reporting department with the external environment.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Experience in a financial reporting role in audit, asset management or administrator environment.
- Effective and timely escalator with strong organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated. and dedicated approach to client delivery.
- Ability to interact efficiently with Clients and effectively manage client expectations.
- Knowledge of key operations controls & workflow.
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with other products (Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting, Custody services).