Financial Analysis Manager - Contract
The position is part of the Finance Function which services the two Irish entities, Mediolanum International Funds Ltd (MIFL) and Mediolanum International Life dac (MIL). The Financial Analysis team is made up of three staff of which this role is the senior role. The role will report to the Head of Financial Analysis and Planning. This is a contract role for a period of 9/12months. Duties
• To complete various financial analysis and market analysis of the asset management/ fund industry for presentation to the CEO and other stakeholders such as the Mediolanum Group. Utilising various databases and research available to the companies, this will involve reviewing trends within the industry and show were the Mediolanum Irish Companies sit versus their peers. Preparing presentations and analysing information will be a key part of this role.
• To work with the IT team on development of business analytics in relation to the Financial data of the firm utilising Qlik sense and other IT tools.
• To organise the completion of a Key Performance Indicator report for presentation to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
• To oversee Cost Centre reporting, including analysis against Budgets and Forecasts, trend analysis and forward-looking analysis.
• To drive and record cost saving initiatives across the business. Following regular consultation with Cost Centre managers, this role will encompass the production of a cost savings report on the savings to be achieved across the Mediolanum Irish operation on a forward-looking basis.
• To work closely with the product teams on assessing competitors' products and designing new Mediolanum products. This will include producing profitability analysis for new and existing Life Insurance and Fund Products.
• To attend various Product and Risk committees.
• Perform analyses of the financial results of the Companies and make a comparison with the budget and the forecasts during the course of the year, including the incorporation of trend analysis from prior years. Prepare monthly reports, including ratio analysis and sensitivity analysis.
• To respond to frequent requests for financial information from other Group entities, from our distributors and from other relevant counterparties.
• Undertake ad hoc projects as required by the CFO or Managing Directors. Skills & Competencies
• Aptitude for numerical analytical and mathematical subjects and knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly the Asset Management/Fund Sector.
• Ability to prepare and give presentations to senior stakeholders based on their own financial analysis
• Quick learner and assertive individual who can act in following instructions and act independently when appropriate. Comfortable with exposure to senior individuals and committees.
• Proactive individual who can research issues and bring suggestions to senior managers on their own initiative.
• Organised individual who can self-manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues quickly.
• Display knowledge & authority in dealings with all parties and maintaining priority of achieving goals.
• Display high attention to detail in all aspects of work and relationship.
• Can establish him/herself as a Reliable Point of Contact for internal and external parties. Developing and managing relationships both internally and externally.
• Have excellent verbal, written and numeric skills.
• Should be very comfortable/high standard working on Excel. Experience with Qlik Sense and/or Cognos would be an advantage. Needs to be comfortable with technology and presenting information in a clear and concise manner. Qualifications & Experience
• At least 2 years' experience in a similar senior role reporting to the CEO/CFO and various boards and committees.
• At least 5 years' experience in a similar environment in financial services is required with at least 3 years team management experience.
• Appropriate 3rd Level Degree (finance, economics, math's).