- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Financial Accountant - Reporting & Analysis
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
* Qualified accountant with a number of years experience working in an aviation leasing finance team and/or auditing aviation leasing companies. * High degree of numeracy and proficiency in the use of MS Excel. * Strong technical (IFRS) knowledge, with the ability to analyse accounting standards and determine how they should be applied in practice. * Multicultural flexibility and effective in a matrix/team oriented organisation.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Reconciliations of P&L and balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly group financial reporting
- Preparation of various other reporting required for group finance
- Preparation of annual SPV statutory accounts
- Liaising with external auditors as part of the annual audit process
- Dealing with queries and responding to information requests from group finance and other departments
- Documentation of finance processes and controls and responsibility for completion of key control tests
- Responsibility for various finance compliance reporting
- Assistance in the preparation of board papers
- Attendance at weekly aviation team meetings to keep up to date on fleet developments
- Liaising with lease management team in relation to lease management system (ICMS) issues or matters relating to contracts and general ledger output from ICMS
- Review of current procedures and controls and implementation of improvements.
- Ad-hoc projects as directed by the Financial Controller or CFO.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- Responsible for appropriate control and governance over the preparation of monthly and quarterly group reporting
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ireland CFO & Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Aviation management team, CF Product Control, regional finance teams, external auditors
Our Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant with a number of years experience working in an aviation leasing finance team and/or auditing aviation leasing companies.
- High degree of numeracy and proficiency in the use of MS Excel.
- Strong technical (IFRS) knowledge, with the ability to analyse accounting standards and determine how they should be applied in practice.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good time management and organisational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with colleagues and build teamwork.
- Multicultural flexibility and effective in a matrix/team oriented organisation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.