The successful candidate will have responsibility for the management of a range of equity fund of fund portfolios. This will encompass research and portfolio management activities and the ability to present to a variety of stakeholders. The Investment Team is growing and its scope is expanding thereby providing a thriving environment for career progression.
Principal Duties of the position, including but not limited to:
- Manage an allocated range of equity fund of fund portfolios. This will include the following:
- Achieving stated performance goals against peer groups within a defined risk framework
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of the portfolios and the underlying fund investments. This will include assessing their overall suitability with target performance standards and risk framework
- Ensure that portfolios are consistent with the Investment Committee strategic view as well as being aligned to key product objectives
- Contributing to the manager research & due diligence process to identify best-in-class managers/funds for inclusion in portfolios.
- To maintain strong knowledge of allocated peer categories as defined by Morningstar, to understanding industry positioning across the sector
- To work with the strategy team, fund research team, trading and performance teams with respect to portfolio construction and management of the funds
- Providing regular reporting and making investment proposals, as required, to the Investment Committee
- Presenting performance and positioning updates to key stakeholders including distributors
- Acting as a backup support to the Senior Equity Portfolio Manager (Fund of Funds)
- Developing quantitative techniques that support investment decisions
- To contribute to the ongoing enhancement of the investment process.
- Supporting compliance, regulatory, risk, operational functions as required
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience. More experienced candidates will also be considered.
- Strong knowledge of equity markets
- Background in portfolio construction for fund of funds or experience in manager research and due diligence
- CFA qualification is advantageous or the candidate should be studying towards achieving this qualification
- An analytical background with a degree in an economics, business, or quantitative discipline
- Ability to pitch well constructed investment ideas to a wider forum
- Numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail as a pre-requisite as is the ability to work to deadlines in a team-based environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both oral & written).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Morningstar, Style Research is an advantage