Equity Analyst - Global Financials Sector , VP
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Equity Analyst - Global Financials Sector , VPJob Description
Promoting a Culture of Excellence We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us. Our people are our greatest asset: highly skilled, engaged and productive teams are essential to our success. We hire talented and diverse employees that are aligned with our dedication to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve financial security. We insist on, and reward, performance excellence.
We want to help you to build a fulfilling career, aiming to be the employer of choice by offering great compensation, development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
The Company State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.7 trillion in assets. We partner with many of the world's largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to assist them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process spanning both indexing and active disciplines. We want to help our clients, and the millions of people who depend on them. To get this right, we are passionate about thoroughly understanding the specific needs of those we serve. We apply our experience and intellectual rigour across a broad toolkit to develop and lead thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success.
The Team SSGA's Dublin-based Fundamental Value Equity Team seeks to invest in undervalued equities through bottom-up, value-based stock selection grounded in rigorous fundamental analysis and a long-term investment horizon. The concentrated nature of our suite of global and regional portfolios ensures that our investments are active high-conviction positions focused on what we believe are our most compelling opportunities.
Role Summary/Purpose: We are now seeking to recruit an Equity Analyst to join our financials team, part of our six global sector-specific research units. Reporting to the Head of Research, you would be responsible for delivering excess returns through security selection in the global Financials sector, adhering to an investment approach that is consistent with our long-standing investment philosophy.
- Meet with, analyze, model, and value the equity securities of global publicly listed corporations in the Financials sector
- Engage with colleagues on the Financials sector team to run the global Financials sector sleeve of our research portfolio.
- Recommend investments for inclusion in our suite of concentrated regional and global strategies.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement with regard to our investment process and suite of investment models and tools
- Become a thoughtful and compelling advocate for our investment approach both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a business-related discipline
- An MBA or accounting qualification would be an advantage
- If not already a CFA charterholder, we would expect you to complete the CFA programme.
- Deep domain knowledge in the Banking or Insurance sectors, - most likely gained either as an analyst, or in a corporate strategy or strategic consulting role.
- Excellent financial analysis and valuation skillset, with an ability to incorporate qualitative and quantitative analysis into research.
- Capacity for differentiated thinking, and ability to challenge the status quo in order to drive optimal investment decisions
- Strong teammate who is able to work collaboratively - excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization and develop/nurture external relationships.
- Real passion for investing in companies and markets
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently; aptitude to self-direct and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You will be curious, highly organized, with a passion for detail and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.