EMEA CRO Strategy & Business Support
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
EMEA CRO Strategy & Business Support
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Location: Dublin, Park Place
Line of Business: Credit Risk
Bank of America Merrill Lynch operates through various legal entities and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. It conducts a range of corporate and structured lending, debt derivative and foreign exchange activities with clients throughout EMEA.
An opening has now arisen for a talented Risk Officer to join our team in Dublin.
Working as part of the EU Risk team, you will support the Chief Risk Officer in oversight of the bank portfolio with an emphasis on ensuring business growth is handled within acceptable risk appetite parameters. In addition, responsibility extends to handling of risk governance and the implementation of risk framework components for a number of EMEA legal entities.
A solid finance, risk, risk consulting/compliance background with quantitative skills is helpful for this position.
The Risk Officer will sit within the office of the EU CRO, providing oversight and coordination of risk governance, reporting and analysis routines. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and contribute in a dynamic and growing risk management department with regular interaction with senior partners and exposure to various risk disciplines.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Consolidation and reporting of business pipeline, involving daily interaction with Lines of Business and key partners in Liquidity Risk Management, Finance etc.
- Coordinating/assisting with legal entity specific risk framework components, including risk appetite statements, risk inventories and risk reporting
- Providing risk input on key management and regulatory reports, including Pillar 3 disclosures, ICAAP, recovery plans and financial documents
- Assisting with governance of legal entity risk committees, including liaising with the legal entity CRO, risk committee chair and other key partners to ensure that the schedule of committee tasks is completed
- Build Risk Appetite limits and forecast impact of business pipeline and portfolio developments (e.g. country downgrades) on the bank's overall Risk Appetite
- Assist in the development and execution of the entities credit approval framework
- Contribute to risk review and development of reporting materials for governance committees and coordinate internal weekly credit risk memos
- Act as focal point for all queries related to the portfolio, both ad-hoc and scheduled e.g. ICAAP. Collaborate effectively to deliver on requests from senior management and the regulator
- Assist with review and challenge of portfolio stress testing results
- Monitoring and addressing the development of local and international laws, rules and regulations related to risk management, governance and reporting
- Assisting with stress testing and concentration risk management processes
- Addressing risk specific ad-hoc and regulatory queries
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial reporting, risk management, risk consulting or compliance, within the international financial services sector
- Track record of identifying inefficiencies in established business processes
- Premier Excel skills with experience of aggregating data and summarising to senior management
- Sound analytical skills, including understanding of financial statements and corporate reports
- Excellent presentation, report writing and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, dedicated, with sound attention to detail and ability to work in high-energy, dynamic environments
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.