An exciting opportunity to work for a recently merged Group with a dual listing on the London (FTSE 100) and Irish Stock Exchanges. The Deputy Company Secretary & Head of Governance will be responsible for managing the Company Secretariat team which comprises of two Assistant Company Secretaries and a Company Secretarial Assistant. The role of the Company Secretariat team is to ensure that the Group complies with its obligations as well as ensuring that is kept up to date with regulatory and legislative obligations and governance.
What you'll be doing...
• Ensuring the Group complies with its obligations including under the Companies Act (Irish and UK), the UK Corporate Governance Code, the Listing Rules (LSE and ISE), Market Abuse Regulations and the Disclosure and Transparency Rules.
• Organising and preparing agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs).
• Preparing routine Stock Exchange announcements releases (LSE and ISE) and release of announcements and making any onward filings as necessary.
• Taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns with the Companies Registration Office and Companies House.
• Overseeing corporate governance policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate Committee for approval.
• Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries.
• Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
• Advising members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of governance policies.
• Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
• Managing and liaising with the Group’s professional advisers and auditors.
• Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the Group complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
• Assisting the Group General Counsel in educating executives and board in relation to their corporate governance obligations.
• Providing clear guidance to executives and senior management in relation to corporate governance requirements for commercial transactions.
What we're looking for....
• Experience of working in a FTSE 100 company with an excellent knowledge of FTSE 100 compliance obligations, best practice and Irish company law is essential.
• Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Capable of translating complex matters without losing commercial focus.
• Excellent attention to detail, organised and thorough and a proactive and flexible approach in a fast-moving environment.
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
What you’ll get in return…
•Career Progression - 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We're a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you'll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it's gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
•Flexible Working - We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
•Uncapped Holiday Allowance - Yes, you heard that right - UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff
• Competitive salary and bonus scheme
• Pizza & Drinks Fridays
• Free classes such as Yoga, Bootcamp, Brazilian jujitsu
• running, cycling and golf clubs and lots of great events organised throughout the year by our own Ministry of Fun.
The Boring Stuff:
• Subsidised canteen
• Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
• Private health insurance
• Life assurance
• Income protection