Credit Specialist – Group Risk
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
Credit Specialist – Group Risk
Due to continued expansion Leading Financial Services Group are looking for a Credit Specialist to join the Credit Quality Review (CQR) team which operates within Group Risk.
This role will manage the full lifecycle of a credit facility: from New Business through to Back Book Arrears Collection and Debt Resolution. You will play an important role in promoting a strong risk culture and working with different stakeholders to enable operational excellence across the organisation, supporting superior customer experiences and in turn enable profitable and risk managed growth.
The Credit Specialist will also have the opportunity to get involved in initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Credit Quality Review team, as part of the company’s continuous strive towards Operational Excellence.
- Responsible for fulfilling the organisations obligations to the ECB/CBI (via JST) and EBA for independent credit review
- CQR report into GCC on a monthly basis
- Builds strong working relationships across the business
- The Credit Specialist is involved in the end to end review process:
- Responsibility for the daily management of a review
- Responsible for thorough investigation of information sources to establish the facts and ability to structure the feedback in a constructive manner
- Primary contact for any engagement with stakeholders to discuss and agree findings and/or actions in order to close reviews
- Work with Business Areas to ensure timely completion of actions managed via the CQR Action Log
- Improvements in Operational Excellence:
- Sampling: Working in SAS/Excel to construct samples from data provided or obtained from systems across the bank
- MI Development: Involvement in the development of the MI Pack, which enables a risk based approach to the prioritisation of reviews
- Internal Knowledge Share: deep-dive into areas in order to build specialist knowledge of areas of the bank, or keeping up to date with developments in the Credit Policy & Compliance
- Risk Governance reviews
- Good understanding of retail products (Mortgages, Term lending, Current Accounts, Credit Cards)
- Understanding of operational processes throughout the Credit lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the requirement for internal governance and controls to support credit review, maintenance, monitoring and tracking
- Experience in a credit lending or risk environment
- Strong IT skills - Word / Excel
- Knowledge in best practice design, implementation and control in financial services sector
- Previous experience with SAS/R/SPSS or VBA (Excel based) would be advantageous
- Highly competent in the interpretation of data and information for Executive Reporting
- Ability to communicate and negotiate successfully with colleagues and build effective working relationships across the business
- Well-developed report writing and presentation skills
- Embraces change
- Demonstrated ability to work well in the context of changing priorities and times pressures
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity please apply with your full CV.
For further information please contact Melissa Lam on 1 87 46700