Corporate Compliance Officer
Our Compliance function is broadly split across three areas: Corporate Compliance, Fund Compliance & Upstream Regulatory Developments. We are now seeking a person to join our Corporate Compliance team who is experienced in compliance and regulatory affairs and who can display skill, energy and enthusiasm so as to gain a rapid understanding of the compliance and control aspects of our business, and to be part of a small team implementing our compliance plans, strategy and philosophy across the organisation. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to both the insurance, asset management and fund services sectors. Duties
• To assume ownership of the responsibilities allocated to the Corporate Compliance function (Risk Assessment Audits, Annual Plan, Compliance Matrix, management of policies database, etc.)
• To provide support to the PCF 12 for the Irish entities;
• To support the preparation of reports to the Board of Directors on all compliance matters;
• To support in the delivery of the annual Compliance Plan for the Company in line with the best practice and the regulatory requirements (e.g MIFID, UCITS and Corporate Governance Code);
• To support in the preparation of reports and updates on the status of the annual Compliance Plan and all the other relevant items analysed to the Board of Directors;
• To assist with the completion of all compliance and legal monitoring activities scheduled within the compliance team;
• To co-ordinate with relevant stakeholders, track and respond to ad hoc queries and regulatory meetings or reviews from the Central Bank of Ireland
• Ad hoc projects as required. Skills & Competencies
• Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act by following instructions and act independently when appropriate.
• Organised individual who can self-manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues in a pro-active way and in a timely way.
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment as it pertains to Irish Financial services companies (knowledge of the cross border business would be an advantage but is not required).
• Display Knowledge & Authority in dealings with all parties and maintaining priority of achieving goals.
• Display Attention to Detail in all aspects of work and relationships.
• Can establish him/herself as a Reliable Point of Contact for internal and external parties.
• Developing and managing relationships both internally and externally.
• Excellent verbal, written and numeric skills. Italian language skills would be an advantage though not essential.
• Self-sufficient in use of Microsoft Office and internet. Qualifications & Experience
• Relevant 3rd Level Degree preferably with a legal content is desirable.
• A formal qualification in Compliance is desirable.
• At least 3-6 years' experience in a compliance or internal audit environment in financial services.