Company Secretariat -Senior Associate -Dublin
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Job Summary
The Senior Associate is responsible for managing a specific client portfolio in respect of board meeting preparation, attendance at meetings and complying with all regulatory requirements of the client portfolio and all matters that are required by law and deemed good corporate governance.
ICSA qualified Company Secretary required to assist the Company Secretary and Assistant Company on a small team with group legal entities along with a large fund client where they would be responsible for managing the portfolio in respect of board meeting preparation, attendance at meetings and complying with all regulatory requirements of the client portfolio and all matters that are required by law and deemed good corporate governance. In the role of Company Secretariat you will be responsible for: Major Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, your experience should include Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications
- Work with the Company Secretariat team to complete the daily workflow.
- For their allocated portfolio of clients, ensuring the accurate preparation and issue of board agendas, board papers and minutes for all board meetings in adherence with client procedures/service level agreements and Company Law and, where appropriate, convening and minuting annual / extraordinary general meetings of shareholders. Follow up on decisions made at board and general meetings in order to provide an update at the next meeting.
- Ensuring the filing of all statutory forms and returns at the Companies Registration Office, as required, in addition to regularly reviewing the information in the statutory books, client files and Blueprint Company Secretarial database to ensure that the information is consistent and up to date.
- Ensuring compliance with the local regulatory bodies, ie Companies Registration Office, Central Bank of Ireland and Irish Stock Exchange (Cayman Island Monetary Authority, LUX registrar, Companies House etc), regulations and requirements/obligations in each jurisdiction.
- Updating of client and department procedures and checklists as and when changes occur.
- Acting as a channel of communication and information for non-executive directors while ensuring that their personal details, biographies are maintained and Directors fees are paid on a timely basis.
- Ensuring compliance with the Constitution/Memorandum and Articles of Association and ensuring safe keeping and proper use of the Company Seal.
- Arranging for the notarisation and legalisation of documents, as required.
- Assisting auditors with annual audit.
- Overseeing the filing of the Annual and Semi-Annual financial statements with the relevant regulatory bodies within the required timeframe.
- Reviewing developments in Corporate Governance , Listing requirements and Company Law in order to advise and assist the directors with regard to their duties and responsibilities and compliance with their personal obligations under Company Law and, where applicable, Stock Exchange requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Department with adhoc queries relating to the State Street entities and group legal entities and as required.
- Acting as a role model and mentor to the junior members of the Company Secretariat team.
- Travel for client board meetings, as required.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant years company secretarial experience in same or related industry
- BA/BSc and/or ICSA qualification required-
- Knowledge of financial services sector preferable
- Detail orientated
- Self sufficient
- Familiarity with online boardroom portals
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills, is a problem solver and enjoys working with people
- A demonstrated attention to detail is also required