Communications Manager 12 Mth FTC
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
In your role as communications manager you will be responsible for assisting in managing all aspects of employee communication for the Global Business Solutions department. You will work closely with your manager to ensure that there is a well thought-through communications strategy and plan in place and that this is efficiently and effectively delivered.
The Corporate Affairs department is a global function responsible for the high-level oversight and coordination of all external and internal activities impacting Fidelity International's brand and reputation. As one of its core activities, the team is responsible for engaging with the company's employees worldwide and promotes understanding of Fidelity's vision, values, strategy and business plans as well as sharing insights into our clients, products and services - with the aim of building and strengthening employee engagement and affinity and affiliation to our clients and brand.
In addition to the Employee Communications function, Corporate Affairs is responsible for Corporate Communications, Corporate Marketing and Editorial.
What you'll do
Employee Communications is a global function with teams structured under respective heads for Europe and Asia Pacific. This role reports to the Employee Communications Manager for GBS and Ireland, who is based in Dublin.
You will be responsible for assisting in managing all aspects of employee communication for the Global Business Solutions department and will work closely with your manager to ensure that there is a well thought-through communications strategy and plan in place and that this is efficiently and effectively delivered.
You will operate at both the strategic and operational level and will be supported by global employee communications team as required for activities focused on Global Business Solutions employees in other parts of Europe and Asia. Additionally, you will work closely with counterparts in equivalent positions in HR, Technology, Corporate Communications and Marketing to ensure that all messaging is consistent internally and complementary to information provided externally.
- Work with Global Business Solutions senior management on an overarching employee communications strategy and plan for the department, including helping to develop core content and programmes suitable for deployment in all applicable countries;
- Provide support and direction to the heads of employee communications in UK, Continental Europe and Asia Pacific as required to ensure appropriate connectivity between regional and global activities in respect of Global Business Solutions;
- Manage a programme of employee communications covering all staff, irrespective of function, located in Dublin, including support for the local Corporate Citizenship committee;
- Develop and support the delivery of a communications plan to represent the Global Business Solutions function and its contribution to the success of the company to employees in other functions. This will form part of the wider comms plan for all GOC members;
- Develop and execute a communications programme to support the other company-wide activities and initiatives under the management of the Global Business Solutions management team;
- Draft other communications materials as required by the Head of Global Business Solutions (for example speech-writing)
- Actively utilise the company's digital communications channels in support of highlighting the priorities, activities and progress of the Global Business Solutions function to colleagues internally. This should include but is not limited to the intranet (The Source), on-site digital signage, media studios, webcasts, webchats and blogs and other social media)
- Support the Global Business Solutions leadership team with their communications plans to ensure consistency of messaging across all areas
- Work with the Employee Communications leadership team to develop and communicate plans to embed the company's vision and values via a combination of leadership-based initiatives and departmental/ team activities;
- Support the annual all staff survey (Your Voice) with respect to Global Business Solutions, from planning through to delivery and support the Global Business Solutions leadership team in defining and implementing action plans;
- Ensure that there is an effective employee engagement plan in place to support the communication of the company's goals and key initiatives to Dublin-based employees so that they understand how their objectives relate to the achievement of these goals;
- Work with the intranet content and learning & development teams to ensure that all financial services employees have an adequate understanding of the nature of the work conducted within Global Business Solutions and how this supports the delivery of better futures for our clients;
- As an outcome of the employee engagement strategy, plans and deliverables, contribute to the positive morale across the organisation which arises from an engaged and aware workforce where employees feel good about their role in the organisation and its willingness to listen to their needs and take appropriate action;
- Host employee communications and events in Dublin, acting as both presenter and moderator to a high standard of proficiency and professionalism;
- Keep abreast of industry best practice and highlight any relevant opportunities to internal management stakeholders;