Our client a leading Global Financial Services firm is currently looking for a talented and dynamic Chief Data Officer, to join its established and growing Dublin office.
• Develop and implement a company wide data governance framework, with a focus on improving/maintaining data quality as well as the protection of sensitive data through the creation/modification of policies and standards, principles, governance, processes and data architecture
• Delivering solutions to improve data governance and thereby improve decision-making, optimize our trading and research processes, increase operational efficiency, and ultimately, transform data into actionable insights.
• Build the data governance roadmap with support from key stakeholders. Promote and standardize our data management governance and best practices across the firm.
• Working with our data stewards to improve data governance and data quality
• Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability, and sources to effectively manage corporate risk associated with the use of data and analytics.
• Advocate for the importance of data governance and data quality across the organisation
• Act as the corporate representative to regulators, and represent the enterprise to customers, suppliers, and external bodies in the development of industry data and analytics standards.
• Proven prior experience of building a world-class data governance capability in an International Asset Management organisation
• Very delivery focused with multiple projects progressing in parallel
• Experience of defining and implementing data governance policies and procedures
• Experience of working in cross functional matrix organisations
• Awareness of the security, privacy, ethics, and quality requirements for critical data entities
• Experience with modern data analysis techniques Solid project management skills co-ordinating multiple initiatives in parallel. Experience of Agile Scrum a distinct advantage
• Deep and comprehensive understanding of the importance and impact of data (or bad data) on the ability of the business to meet its own objectives
• Guide all roles involved in the data and analytics governance program, as well as all constituents whom the program will touch in any manner
• 15+ years’ experience in data governance / data quality
• Experience of managing and developing a team of data quality engineers
• A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Academic qualification or professional training and experience in legal and regulatory areas are also desirable.
To discuss this unique opportunity further and to obtain a full job specification please contact Niamh O Sullivan for a confidential conversation