This new Crypto Custodian, backed by a major banking group, is bringing best practices into the digital asset ecosystem. Reporting to the CEO, they now seek Chief Compliance Officer to lead its compliance and anti-money laundering (AML) programs and develop best in class operating policies and procedures for their Irish operation. Your Compliance experience may have been gained in a Custodian a Hedge Fund or a Crypto-focused fund administration firm. This is an exciting opportunity in the fast-growing world crypto custody and comes with a great package and excellent share options scheme.
Institutional Custody Business, Cryptocurrencies, MLRO, Financial Crime/FCC
- Perform role as Chief Compliance Officer, Deputy MMLRO, and DPO as per Irish regulations. (To transition to full MLRO role as a Pre-Approved Control Function per CBI requirements
- Develop Conduct & Financial Crime Compliance (CFCC) policies
- Provide reporting to Group governance (e.g. Board, UK MLRO) as required
- Design governance structure & implement CFCC monitoring/surveillance programmes
- Drive AML/CFT risk management & approve controls
- Keep abreast of Regulatory developments and build relationship with Regulators
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 10 yrs+ experience.in a regulatory or compliance managerial position
- Great knowledge of the key CFCC risks for a Custodian, including sales and transactional activities of the business
- Strong abilities in risk identification & assessment, controls development, monitoring and reporting.
- Great technical knowledge of laws and regulations for crypto-assets
- Able to engage with Regulators and government bodies across EU as required, especially in Ireland.
- Good understanding of MiFID II, and MAR/MAD II
- Professional Certificate in Compliance/Professional Diploma in Compliance
- Degree in Business, Finance, Law or equivalent.