CIB F&BM - Merchant Services - International Pricing - Associate
About Merchant Services:
Merchant Services is the payment acceptance and merchant acquiring business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. - a global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. It is a leading provider of payment, fraud management and data security solutions, capable of authorising payment transactions in more than 130 currencies. J.P. Morgan, through its Merchant Services business, has uniquely combined proven payment technology with a long legacy of merchant advocacy that creates quantifiable value for ecommerce companies. Its processing platforms provide integrated solutions for all major credit and debit card payments as well as mobile payments and processed more than $1 trillion in payment transaction volume worldwide in 2017. According to The Nilson Report, it is also the top merchant acquirer of ecommerce transactions in Europe1.
Reporting to the Head of Merchant Services International Pricing, we seek a Pricing Associate for our J.P. Morgan Merchant Services business with a focus on the EU. The role will play an integral part in the development, execution and measurement of the regions pricing strategy. This individual will manage, revenue/cost and scenario models which will drive key business decisions. They will also compile ad hoc impact analyses pertaining to pricing/structure changes and communicate said analysis to non-experts.
Primary Job Functions
- Continuing development and execution of pricing strategy, focus on EU but there will be exposure to Canadian, LATAM & APAC markets
- Ad hoc analysis as required including financial modelling, support of customer requests and customer profitability
- Communication of complex analysis to internal and external stakeholders
- Cross functional collaboration to understand upcoming changes and assess impact
- Review of fees and billing system to ensure accuracy
- Analyse, monitor and report on trends and exceptions including key driver identification
- Identify variances from pricing assumptions and propose corrections needed
- Monitor ongoing processing for potential problems and/or possible improvements
- Pricing model SME - Maintaining the European Pricing Models and providing training & support to field staff.
- Review of client contracts and pricing models to ensure accuracy
- Support other management directives as prescribed
- Degree in Business/Finance/Maths or equivalent. Accounting/Finance/Quantitative background preferred.
- High orientation/attention to detail
- Ability to drive tasks to completion
- Strong Analytical Skills - Business/Financial
- Experienced with MS Excel (advanced user), exposure to SQL/VBA would be advantageous
- Ability to work on own initiative, creative thinker and adopts a methodical approach
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to work well with people at all levels and experience
- Previous Experience in the card payments industry would be advantageous