CEP Operational Risk Management Lead
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
CEP Operational Risk Management Lead
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: None
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19013170
Citi, a leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer, with revenues of approx. $2bn and total assets of $50 billion which are expected to grow further. CEP has been designated a significant institution by the ECB and is therefore expected to meet enhanced regulatory expectations especially with regard to risk management.
CEP Independent Risk Management, headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defence for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CEP.
Operational Risk Management ("ORM") within Independent Risk Management is responsible for identifying, anticipating and mitigating risks that could impact business objectives, and minimizing operational risk events and losses. The team works proactively with businesses and global functions to embed a strong operational risk management culture and framework across CEP.
As part of its role, ORM conducts a CEP Formal Assurance programme which provides assurance to the CEP Board on the design and operating effectiveness of critical controls across CEP.
Key responsibilities of the CEP Formal Assurance ORM Lead will include:
- Designing and executing the CEP Operational Risk Formal Assurance Programme.
- Driving projects aimed at strengthening controls to enable better decision making on products and service offering.
- Region-wide co-ordination of Deep Dives and Thematic Reviews.
- Monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of risk mitigation tools including internal controls.
- Maintaining an enterprise wide assessment of the most significant, current and emerging operational risks to business activities and ensuring appropriate actions are in place to mitigate these risks.
- Identifying, assessing, anticipating, measuring and reporting on CEP Operational Risk exposure.
- Being a member of the Europe ORM cluster management team, directing ORM Formal Assurance work streams across the whole cluster.
Experience and Skills
- Significant work experience in the financial services industry in operational risk. Ability to proactively develop the role beyond the parameters set by direct instruction.
- Excellent knowledge of banking practices, global functions, products and processes, as well as solid knowledge of related local legal and regulatory requirements
- Confident and concise verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level of staff.
- Project Management experience, with a proven history of managing multiple tasks, with variable stakeholders and deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to sway opinion and negotiate successfully at a senior level.
- Fluent in English; other relevant languages an advantage, but not essential.
Exciting opportunity to lead within a growing risk management department in a global banking environment. As the lead on the ORM Formal Assurance Programme in the entity there is autonomy and scope to influence the approach to formal assurance. The role will give the candidate exposure to engage with senior management in risk, finance and the business ensuring all three are brought together in their understanding of the operational risk and controls.
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer