CEP Markets Regulatory Reporting Lead
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 May 19
CEP Markets Regulatory Reporting Lead
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19012822
Citi has had a presence in Ireland since 1965 and was one of the first foreign banks to open an office here. As the No.1 Corporate and Investment bank in Ireland, Citi led all of the major financing for aviation leasing clients in 2016 in Ireland, which is a global aviation leasing hub. Citibank Europe has been Head Quartered in Dublin since January 2016 and is Citi's single EU-passported bank, with operations in 21 countries across the EMEA region and is regulated by the European Central Bank with a long-term rating "A" by all three primary Rating Agencies. The businesses covered by Citibank Europe include Markets and Securities Services, Corporate Banking, Trade and Treasury Solutions, Private Banking and Consumer. As of 2016, Citibank Europe has a net income of US$852 million, over 9,000 employees and more than 60% of these working in the Citi Service Centres.
Ireland Finance comprises approximately 25 professional staff overseeing 4 core legal vehicles, the largest of which, Citibank Europe plc, has assets of circa $50 billion and branches in 22 European countries. Since 2016 the bank has been supervised jointly by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and European Central Bank (ECB).
The Markets Reg Reporting Lead will be responsible for the governance and oversight of the expanding Capital Markets business in CEP and providing analytical insight into capital requirements for the business. This is a newly created role to support incremental business in CEP arising from BREXIT initiatives
• Understanding, analysis and oversight of the Capital Markets business results and related regulatory reporting;
• Contributing to a strong control environment surrounding the production and governance of regulatory reporting, in particular any new governance requirements from the Markets business, models;
• Point of contact for the implementation and review of the outputs of the IMA/IMM models for Country Finance and subsequent analysis of the reports;
• Working across offices - responsible for maintaining strong and effective engagement with Finances colleagues in Hungary and London who support the production of reporting submissions; working with other departments - QRS, Market Risk, to ensure all reports are aligned
• Co-ordinating regulatory deliverables (query management / ad hoc requests) and a central point of contact for all regulatory reporting matters;
• Assisting with key regulatory initiatives including Capital Optimization, CRR2
• Participation in the RegInsight Project - ensuring that all relevant templates are reported correctly, ensuring they are adhering to the rules, and working with projects team on any future implementations from new templates perspective;
• Review of change requests and ensuring correct implementation for CEP;
• Review of new regulatory rules and requirements and monitoring implementation;
• Ad-hoc requirements as required.
Experience and Skills
• Experience in regulatory reporting and analysis of Capital Markets business required
• Proficient in the practical application of CRD/CRR
• Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, would be beneficial.
• Strong technical and analytical skills.
• Excellent quantitative, written and presentation skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to meet reporting and project deadlines
• Ability to motivate colleagues and collaborate effectively
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
What we Offer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the governance and oversight of the reporting of an expanding Capital Markets business in a growing SSM regulated entity. With this entails the understanding of the business, engagement with senior stakeholders and regulators as well as leadership of individual analytical projects. The Finance function in Dublin is part of a wider Finance team in EMEA and the candidate will work closely with highly talented finance colleagues across the region
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• Competitive paid annual leave
• A non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions
• Life assurance cover
• Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover
• Citi also supports a further education policy
• Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related subjects
• Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes
• Opportunity to work in a flexible environment where the business can support
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer