Business Support Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Business Support Manager
Corporate Title: Vice President
Line of Business: Chief Technology Office
Here in our Dublin office we are looking for a Business Support Manager to join our Chief Technology Office
The Technology Business Manager function within Global Technology & Operations functions as an interface across the central teams (Business Management, Governance, Finance and Op Risk Management) to the overall Global Markets CTO and other GT&O LOBs.
In this role you will focus on headcount, resource and vendor management (invoice processing) as well as operational risk tracking and audit progress, application status tracking, organizational best practices, general portfolio requests. You will also support the overall budget process.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Works directly with the Business Managers in the technology organisation on resource allocations/forecast
- Works directly with key business resources to address project, program and audit information needs.
- Interactions on a daily basis with all levels of the organization, reviewing and gaining feedback on resource changes, on-boarding, off-boarding, reporting and metrics as well as reconciliation.
- General ad-hoc requests as needed for executive level meetings, business presentations, corporate communications, etc.
- Organizational metrics, financial forecast vs. actual and resource plans (forecast vs. actual)
- Capture key project metrics and information for executive level reporting
- Quarterly business/organizational reviews (headcount ratios, hiring status, financials, etc.)
- Resource management (hiring requests and approvals, forecasting, on-boarding, mandatory training tracking, contract/contractor management)
- Vendor management including A/P process, invoice payment and status, and forecasting (forecasting/run-rates for SOWs, invoices and contractors)
- Operational Risk Management - Compliance coordination (mandatory training, etc.)
- Act as coordinator between corporate governance team and the project managers to ensure alignment in the usage of the internal tools used to track cross-LOB programs within GT
- Work with globally distributed teams to coordinate various types of information and projects
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Account, Business Administration (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in Technology Business Management would be a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Good relationship building skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to work across and at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to drive multiple tasks/initiatives simultaneously and find points of intersections and integration across teams
- Demonstrable analytical thinking & business acumen
- Demonstrable excellent written & verbal communication; attention to detail is key
- Be a driven team player who will proactively help other teammates when necessary and willing to work as a team and not as an individual
- Must to be able to communicate crisp and clear from a verbal and written perspective
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent work ethic - willing to be on-call nights/weekend.
- Must be able to work autonomously and independently solve problems when needed
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.