Business Manager, Global Risk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
As Business Manager fpor the global risk function you will be tasked with contributing to strategy initiatives and enhancing overall organisational efficiency and effectiveness across risk. You will work with individuals across all levels, from senior executives to junior team members.
The risk team in Fidelity covers the management oversight of Fidelity's risk profile including key risk frameworks, policies and procedures and oversight and challenge processes. The team partner with the businesses to ensure Fidelity manages its risk profile within defined risk appetite.
The team is circa 88-strong, and growing, covering all facets of risk management including investment, operational, enterprise, and technology risk. The function has recently been restructured, from a regionally aligned organisation with to a global function-specific structure.
Risk Transformation & Business Management:
The Risk Transformation & Business Management Team is responsible for: defining the Risk function's strategy, global target operating model and transformation road map including transformation delivery oversight; business management including resource and financial management and governance. Its overall objective is
Purpose of your role
The purpose of your role is to assist the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to manage the function by contributing to strategy initiatives and enhancing overall organisational efficiency and effectiveness. The position will involve working with individuals across all levels (from senior executives to junior team members) across the organisation, and thus, strong stakeholder management and relationship building will be critical.
Leadership / Strategic Focus:
- Collaborate closely with the Risk leadership team to develop multi-year strategy and goals, ensuring quantitative and qualitative measurements are in place to track progress
- Develop and implement a communications strategy to engage employees with the partnership of Employee Communications (town halls, webchats, skip-level sessions, written and video recorded updates)
- Continually review the operating model structure for effectiveness and ensure it is future proof and fit for purpose
- Drive an employee engagement strategy (in partnership with Risk leaders, Corporate Affairs, and Human Resources) and setting specific actions based upon informal and formal employee feedback (e.g. Your Voice)
Management / Operational Focus:
- Partner with Business Finance on regular review of expenditure to budget, promoting a cost disciplined approach and identifying savings opportunities
- Act as a global consolidation point and provide quality management reporting (e.g. GC reports, internal management reports, etc)
- Organise team off sites and meetings (from identifying relevant topics, ensuring flow of discussion, and arranging the logistics)
- Drive forward improvements to existing processes and tools, and ensure controls and reporting disciplines are implemented consistently across the organization.
- Oversight of the end to end Transformation programme to ensure it is delivered on time, in budget and objectives are met
- Support risk transformation governance forums including governance materials, status reports, minutes and RAIDS tracking and follow up
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Exposure to the Risk function in the asset management industry, across geographies and functional areas
- Passion for strategic thinking, with experience in business analysis, strategy development, business case development and change management
- Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently and deliver results in an unstructured environment and cope with sustained pressure
- A track record of challenging conventional ideas and exploring creative ideas and strategies
- Attention to detail and an appetite to dive into issues in depth as needed
- Well-developed relationship management and influencing skills across all organisational levels
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written English with experience in board reporting and/or business writing
- Excellent financial analysis skills with advanced Microsoft Excel
- Experience preparing presentations/speeches for senior leadership and familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint