Business Analyst - Process & Change
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
You will be working on a contractor basis in a role requiring an experienced Business Analyst to support the delivery of the Project PLUM initiative being led by the Global Business Solutions (GBS) Business Management team.
Purpose of your role
You will be working on a contractor basis in a role requiring an experienced Business Analyst to support the delivery of the Project PLUM initiative being led by the Global Business Solutions (GBS) Business Management team. The successful candidate will be expected to provide business analysis, process analysis and change management expertise on a number of workstreams on the project. This includes Portfolio Prioritisation; Resource forecasting & management, Financial forecasting, Benefits management, Change governance & to support the roll out of existing change capabilities
Project PLUM has been launched across GBS, to enhance our processes and tooling capability across Portfolio Management, Forecasting and Budgeting, to be able to further improve the efficient prioritisation of resources and funding across our change portfolios and maximise benefit delivery to the organisation.
The role requires close working with colleagues in the UK, India, China and Hong Kong offices, and as such the candidate sometimes may be required to be flexible in the hours they work. This demanding role would perfectly suit a dynamic individual looking to work in a fast paced environment.
Requirements Planning and Management
- Be self-sufficient in identifying and understanding business requirements/issues through engagement with key stakeholders
- Ensure that all stakeholders have a common understanding of what is being delivered and how it is aligned to the overall target operating model (TOM).
- Work within the high level principles and scope outlined in the overall TOM. Identifying any exceptions for consideration.
- Identify & escalate as appropriate, issues & instances where any elements risking successful delivery are identified.
Requirements & Process Analysis
- Select and perform appropriate elicitation techniques to efficiently identify process, data and tooling requirements to support the delivery of the enhanced change capability
- Understand complexity and requirements for process, data and tooling solutions
- Produce different forms of analysis outputs to an appropriate and agreed level of depth
- Develop detailed target business processes that are aligned and support delivery of the TOM
- Facilitate workshop sessions on processes, data and tooling requirements/solutions with working groups across the globe.
- Coordinate the successful delivery of any Proof of Concept (POC) workstreams
- Assess and ensure that any solutions being delivered are fit for purpose
- Regularly review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations relating to the proposed solution, to ensure they are up to date throughout the life cycle of the project
- Analyse and assist in the resolution of issues working collaboratively with the technical teams
Embedding (e.g. Testing, Training, Support)
- Support the testing of the changes with knowledge that aids test scripting & execution, including handovers & walkthroughs
- Work with the testers to define defects, acceptable tolerances within various types of testing
- Recognise the need and take ownership to ensure staff are provided with all training required
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of Hands on experience in Business Analysis roles, with a process analysis and change management focus
Essential Skills / Experience
- Business Analysis experience in a global organisation
- Significant experience of process analysis and modelling, target operating model (TOM) development and workshop facilitation
- Excellent requirements analysis and consultative skills, with a logical approach to problem solving
- Competent assertiveness to achieve business process change, effectively addressing and allaying concerns
- Knowledge of portfolio and project management methods, and experience in analysing, designing and implementing change processes and tools.
- Experienced user of Business Management and PPM tools, such as Clarity, Apptio, JIRA, Leankit and Sharepoint or similar
- Excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal and relationship management skills at senior levels
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment with speed and discipline
- Ability to produce high quality outputs in various formats, including PowerPoint, Excel or Word. PowerPoint and Excel skill levels should be intermediate as a minimum
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Hands-on experience of working on projects in a range of change management roles based on formal change methods. With end-to-end change experience, not just the delivery of a new technology capability.
- Financial Services and/or Consultancy experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player
- Ability to work at a strategic and tactical level
- Self-motivation is essential, should demonstrate commitment to high quality design and development.
- Ability to develop & maintain working relationships with a number of stakeholders.
- Flexibility and an open attitude to change.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally, and to think with a medium term and long term