We are looking for an Associate Investment Strategist to join our Investment Department. This person will form part of the Investment Strategy function, working closely with the broader investment team.
This role will report directly to the Head of Investment Strategy and focus on developing relevant, informed, high quality in-depth research to inform strategic and tactical positioning for our range of funds with over €40bn of AUM. The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Economic and investment knowledge of equity and bond markets demonstrated by experience in asset management or similar financial service.
- Ability to develop and work with fundamental macro-economic models to assist investment decision-making
- High level of attention to detail, strong writing and communication skills, critical thinker, detail oriented, thrives and delivers in a fast pace environment
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and the ability to excel in a self-starting environment.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as R or python would be an advantage to develop models working with structured and unstructured data to develop econometric models
Principal Duties of the position, including but not limited to:
The role will principally be to support the Head of Investment Strategy provide detailed analysis of investment markets.
The output of the analysis should provide clear guidance on strategy to the broader investment team and in doing so assisting them to deliver positive investment results. Potential subjects include overall asset allocation to the asset class including exposures to factors, sectors and regions. The success within the role will be measured by the accuracy of the analysis provided.
- Help develop strategic views on investment markets as well as factors, regions, sectors to inform longer term portfolio construction considerations
- Utilising own proprietary modelling or external research provider to develop valuations of specific assets
- Trade idea generation based on analysis of fundamental and technical information (with emphasis on fundamental)
- Critical thinking about quantitative and macroeconomic investment ideas and ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Ensuring sharing of knowledge and techniques with other investment strategists
- High level of presentation skills and attention to detail
- CFA or studying for qualification, Graduate degree with strong academic record in economics, finance, or a similar discipline required. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in finance, preferably in asset management or similar financial institution.
- Confident communicator of investment topics.
- Passion for investing and capital markets and multi-asset experience of equity, fixed income and FX in developed and emerging regions.
- Familiarity with quantitative models and techniques required. Ability to write or modify code to support analytical work is a plus