In an environment of ever increasing globalization we provide professional services in 80+ countries to help our clients operate across borders. Whether entering a new market or driving in country growth we ensure they stay focused on their core business, taking the stress away from their accounting, legal and HR responsibilities.
We are embarking on an ambitious growth plan which will be achieved through strong organic growth, the entrance to new markets and completion of acquisitions. This provides a truly dynamic work environment to build a successful career and see a tangible impact from the work that you complete. Job purpose:
The Client Accountant carries out a wide range of accounting and administrative duties for clients and TMF Group companies.
The primary responsibility of the SF Accountant is to work with the Accounting Manager / Senior Accountant in meeting the accounting, tax and other reporting commitments of the relevant clients. He/she is responsible for individual goals and helping to meet the wider departmental goals.
He / She will focus on client satisfaction, while assisting the Head of Accounting / Senior Accountant to ensure all relevant deadlines and targets are met for their allocated clients. The SF Accountant will be expected to make a significant individual contribution, be self-motivated, resolve any intra-team conflict and liaise with the Audit firms / Tax advisors and other external parties with regards to their allocated clients. Key responsibilities
Technical and job specific requirements:
- Financial reporting and preparing monthly/quarterly/annual management and statutory accounts under IFRS and Irish GAAP and supporting consolidation accounting requirements under IFRS;
- Ensuring that all accounting obligations for their allocated Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs)/clients are fulfilled;
- Liaising with external parties (as and when required) such as auditors and tax advisors and manage related scheduling issues
- Processing tax assessments and filings, VAT and corporation tax (including deferred tax calculations);
- Use of MS Dynamics for preparation of financial statements;
- Ensure that all accounting procedures remain in line with applicable law and overall objectives;
- Ensure that receivables collection targets are met (in cooperation with Legal Account Managers) and that collections are handled in accordance with the relevant procedures;
- Assist with the ECB reporting requirements for the preparation of accounts.
- Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Relevant professional qualification or Finalist, Newly Qualified (ACCA, CPA, ACA);
- Working knowledge and understanding of international financial/capital markets and financial instruments;
- Practical knowledge of IFRS and Irish generally accepted accounting principles (familiarity with US GAAP an advantage);
- Operational knowledge of VAT and other corporate taxation matters;
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for companies in Ireland (Statutory deadlines, filing requirements etc.);
- Working knowledge of business and accounting issues surrounding securitisation;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- A solid knowledge of another language is highly desirable.