Citco Group is currently looking for a Risk & Control manager to join the team in Cork, Ireland.
Risk and Control Manager
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service. Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role
The Risk and Control Group (R&C) is a group wide resource, which covers all of the divisions within the Citco Group of Companies. The R&C strategy is to support the organization's risk management and internal control framework About the role You will support the organization in the maintenance and development of an effective and efficient risk management and internal control framework.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Reporting to the Risk and Control Global Manager / Senior Manager, cultivate and maintain excellent relationships with management, external auditors and R&C staff.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of the annual SOC 1 engagement in a quality manner including the design and documentation of the control framework; and timely work paper completion and review. This will include liaising and working with managem0ent across the Citco Divisions and supervision of staff working on the SOC 1 engagement.
- Work closely with the SOC 1 external auditors to assist the auditors in their review of the SOC 1 testing performed by R&C.
- Prepare project status reports for management covering both the SOC 1 projects and other business process reviews.
- Manage the execution of control effectiveness reviews in an effective and efficient manner.
- Work closely with the business to investigate and document the internal risk and control framework.
- Provide direction, guidance and motivation to staff including goal setting and appraisals.
- Evaluate resource needs to effectively execute the annual scope of the R&C.
- Contributing to the development of R&C policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college / university.
- Professional qualification as an accountant, certified internal auditor and / or equivalent level within Risk Management is preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in risk management / internal controls / internal audit function of a financial institution / Big 4 audit firm ideally with experience in the financial services and/or alternative investments industry.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio Experience of automated internal audit applications / tools, HP Quality Center, ACL, SharePoint, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and succinctly.
- Confident work approach and ability to maintain successful relationships with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Pro-active with excellent project management and organisational skills.
- A team player who can work well within the R&C function and also collaborate successfully with other R&C team members and peers within the team .
- Ability to negotiate and influence senior / middle managers to facilitate change and improvement.
- Reliable and prepared to undertake international travel.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.