Java Developer A contract position, as a Java Developer, with a competitive day rate plus a modern office layout located in Cork.
You will help build and maintain several applications to provide my client's customers with tools to manage Investment Funds Order Routing and Transfer, Custody or Settlement activities over multiple type of media.
- Development, design and maintenance of the Custody & Brokerage application
- Write technical documents, delivery good quality code and must be a problem solver.
- Working as part of an application development unit reporting to a Development team leader
- Practical experience with development of standard & enterprise Java applications
- Excellent Java programming skills
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with version control (GIT, GitHub) and issue tracking (JIRA) systems
Experience with following technologies is a plus:
- Spring (Framework, Boot, Security, Data, Integration)
- Java EE Back End technologies eg JPA (Hibernate), JMS (AMQ, OAQ), EJB)
- Frontend technologies: Angular 6+, npm, webpack
- Maven, Lombok, Liquibase
- Java EE Application Servers eg JBoss
- UML usage, design patterns
- Jenkins, Sonar integration tools
- Knowledge of testing tools such as Junit, Mocking Frameworks, Cucumber
- Knowledge of Oracle Database Server and PL/SQL
The candidate should ideally have experience working in financial sector. This is a contract position and the candidate must be a self-starter working closely with a small development team reporting to the team leader.
Please only apply if you have the eligibility to work in Ireland.
For further information about this truly exciting opportunity and for an immediate interview, please get in touch without delay!