Officer, Corporate Lending
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate Strategy
- To ensure processing of all incoming instructions is done properly by following the Delegation of Authority and in-compliance with established policy
- To ensure that all legal documentation is provided based on type of loan.
- To identify end to end process improvement opportunity to reduce turnaround time.
- Ensure all processes met or exceeded the agreed service standards.
- Handled good communications to and from customers, departments and branches to ensure prompt and accurate completion of customer needs.
- To ensure sufficient capacity in Lending Processing Unit in order to support the business growth
- To maintain good relationship with branches and other department by providing excellent services.
- Execute projects and initiatives to support the world-class operations service delivery for the business across the globe.
- Ensure that operational processes are robust and deliver at excellent levels of costs and quality.
- Ensure that operational and technology cost represent an appropriate balance of cost and benefit and these costs are visible and understandable to business decision makers.
- Manage potential conflict of interests and priorities of different business operations to ensure optimal business outcome.
- Commissions and review appropriate benchmarking and performance management data and based upon this data address development agenda.
- Manage the maintenance of operational integrity across businesses within area of responsibility.
- Drive the identification of potential business opportunities that extend beyond the immediate business operations, brokering the interest and support of senior colleagues as appropriate to develop the opportunities.
People and Talent
- All processes has to be in line with the DOI, Procedures, SLA and/or other policy or guideline
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Act as interface with regulatory bodies (internal and external) and own compliance accountability within area of responsibilities ensuring definition and adherence to exemplary governance and ethics policies and procedures.
- Proactive in seeing regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk and control standard
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group remaining within risk appetite
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide oversight across Lending Operation in Indonesia, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in Lending Operation in Indonesia to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Banking
- Commercial Banking
- FM Dealers
- Client Services Group
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .