Internal Audit Vice President, Institutional Securities Group
- Jakarta, Kelurahan Pulau Untungjawa, Indonesia Jakarta Kelurahan Pulau Untungjawa ID
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities trading, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Within Morgan Stanley, Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit comprises Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing the controls to protect the Firm’s franchise.
The Asia Internal Audit Department is responsible for audits across all Morgan Stanley businesses in the region. The audits are designed to assess the adequacy of the control environment and to provide the Board Audit Committee and relevant regional committees with an independent assessment of risk across the Firm.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced auditor (Vice President) to head its Internal Audit Department for its Jakarta, Indonesia office. The candidate will be responsible for managing, planning and executing audits covering Morgan Stanley Indonesia capital markets businesses in compliance with Indonesia legal and regulatory requirements as well as with internal policies and procedures. The role may also involve participation in other regional audits across Asia, as appropriate. The person in the role will assist the Internal Audit Department in performing risk assessment, monitoring and planning; executing audits; communicating to senior management those areas requiring control enhancements; and providing recommendations for improvements. Audited functions may include: front to back investment banking, sales and trading, and research business activities, as well as operations, finance, risk management, compliance and legal processes.
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia and reporting to the South East Asia Location Audit Manager and the Board of Directors of the legal entity in Indonesia, this role is responsible for performing risk assessments and assisting in planning, executing and reporting on audits with involvement in the following areas:
- Perform ongoing risk assessment, monitoring and planning through interacting with our key stakeholders.
- Plan and perform business audits for Morgan Stanley Indonesia businesses as well as across Asia.
- Communicate effectively with Indonesia regulators, board of directors, board of commissioners, management and staff at all levels, both locally and overseas.
- Co-ordinate with auditors within the team and around the globe on multi-region audits to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Discuss and finalize audit findings with auditees.
- Draft concise audit issues and reports.
- Verify the closure of audit issues and actions.
- Be consistent in applying strong internal audit methodology standards
- University degree in a business discipline e.g. Finance or Accounting.
- Master’s degree or professional qualifications (e.g. FRM, CFA, CPA/CA) preferred.
- 8-12 years of relevant professional experience with international accounting firms or financial institutions.
- Good communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Have a good understanding of capital markets, sales and trading processes and internal controls.
- Good knowledge of capital market regulations in Indonesia .
- Strong analytical skills.
- A team player with ability to work independently.
- Thorough in work, attention to detail and uncompromised in quality.
- Most importantly - integrity, self-motivated, eager to learn, courage to withstand push-back and a good sense of professional skepticism.