Sen. Operational Risk Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The Cleared Derivative and Control (CDC) team is a global team functional aligned to support the Prime Derivative business across Listed Futures and Options, & OTC products.
The role on offer is with the CDC Balance Sheet and Control team which is a critical function that requires you to have strong accounting skills to understand the balance sheet i.e. ability to analyze process having an impact on the balance sheet, identify process gaps and drive remediation.
What we do For the team, a typical month begins with month-end journal processing to ensure accuracy of the ledger, followed by putting together the balance sheet substantiation documents in preparation for account owner sign off. The account owner sign off meeting requires you to present to senior management. You will also be responsible to engage with various business partner groups example operations, finance function and product control to drive issue remediation. The second half of the month is spent on SOX testing and other adhoc projects thus requiring you to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and achieve results
This is a very important control function and is the last line of defense to ensure accuracy of the firm's financial statement. Any breaches will have an impact on the accuracy of the financial statement and may result in reputational and regulatory losses. You will be working in a dynamic environment and should possess the ability to adapt to changing conditions and work assignments. Product scope: Listed Derivatives and OTC cleared products for global operations i.e. APAC, EMEA and AMER.
The ongoing project for which is the candidate is being hired is the Intra Month Balance Sheet project (IMBS). The project is looking to meet regulatory requirements to produce a materially accurate Balance Sheet on demand and within a short timeframe, to capture key balance sheet, capital and liquidity information by creating an intra-month balance sheet for our significant legal entities. i.e. the project objective is to accelerate the month end close.
The IMBS will be produced by reducing the manual work and adjustment required to create the current month end balance sheet. This role will drive the analysis of existing practices, engagement with key business partners and technology to seek and identify root cause issues and deliver effective solutions.
The challenge with this role is the level of complexity across the processes and the diverse set of business partners involved. It will require good analytical skills, business partner management and a detailed accounting knowledge.
Project management experience is a beneficial but not a requirement for the role.
- Balance Sheet Substantiation (10%)
- Responsible for defining and implementing accounting framework for the Balance Sheet Substantiation process
- Process standardization across business - Identify operational improvement areas and lead initiatives to realize benefits
2. Other adhoc projects (10%)
- Continuous improvement of the current process and procedures
- Response to strategic change initiated by and affecting the departments
- Participate and coordinate in project initiatives and UAT
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Qualified Accountant CA/ICWA/ CIMA /ACCA/ CPA (preferred), other finance qualification like MBA/ CFA will also be considered.
- Proven ability to innovate, deliver and inspire change
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong control attitude, analytical skills and high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to forge strong working relationships across departments in a global organization and experienced in dealing cross culturally
- Competent in process review and analysis abilities
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to work in both APAC and EMEA time zones depending on responsibility allocation
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking, can work on own initiative and deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.