Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The candidate will work with representatives from line business roles to identify use cases. Then working with them, internal IT and external vendors, develop prototype solutions. Develop the prototype solutions, and present them to CFO executives for determine appropriateness for deployment to production.
There is also a drive to promote idea generation and increase the data science skillset of employees outside of IT. Assist with the development and coordinating their effort. Should be rigorous, have strong fundamentals in mathematics, self-discipline, be ethical and have technology domain expertise in one or more of the following: Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Natural Language Processing, Natural Language Generation, Big Data, Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers, and Cryptography. The ability to develop applications in at least one programming language is also essential. Strong presentation skills and confidence speaking in front of an audience are key, since there will be the requirement to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to groups at various levels of seniority in the firm.
What will the candidate get out of the role?
- Exposure to a wide group of business partners including senior management
- Develop understanding of financial products, business processes and systems, IT architecture, data governance and data convergence opportunity
- Project experience including analysis, testing and implementation. Agile project management method.
- Systems experience including big data, machine learning, robotic process automation, graph databases, crowd sourcing, blockchain, distributed ledgers.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- 2-6 years of full-time relevant work experience in data analytics. Higher overall experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English is required in order to liaise with the global teams
- Storytelling and visualization skills
- Strong collaborator / facilitator, an entrepreneurial approach and has outstanding research skills
- Technology domain expertise (e.g. Machine Learning, RPA, NLP, NLG, Big Data, Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers, Cryptography). Practical implementation experience preferred.
- Programming skills (familiarity with R or Python or enterprise languages like Java or C).
- Studied at least one of math / statistics / computer science / engineering / science to high level
- Financial Services domain knowledge preferred, but candidates with other backgrounds will also be considered.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.