Oracle Developer + DBA
This is a developer role in the Product Control IT team within the Risk & Finance IT space. You should develop a good understanding of the relevant CS applications, architecture, strategies and processes and work in collaboration with staff in the other locations and local vendor teams. The role has delivery responsibility and will be closely involved in the Book-of-Work delivery, and developing the level-3 support capability. The role will require building functional and technical application expertise and be a role-model of the Credit-Suisse delivery culture.
Our team is looking for a developer in Pune, with good technical skills in Oracle/Linux and following job responsibilities:
- Review requirements, prepare/contribute to design decisions & testing strategy
- Participate in designing and coding technical solutions
- Perform design and code reviews
- Perform project/delivery leading roles which includes:
- Collaborate with BA's and PM's
- Develop functional & technical solutions for the project
- Participate in development & contribute to book of work delivery
- Coordinate and manage the integration and UAT phases; ensure resolution of any issues / defects
- Coordinate and resolve L3 issues & escalations
- Timely reporting and status updates on projects
- Engage and coordinate with our vendor partners to drive the quality of our delivery by using process standardization and best practices
- Act as a SME for FROGs application from Pune
- You hold a university degree (preferably in IT)
- You have 6-8 years of experience in analysis, design and development of applications in financial services industry
- Prior experience in an investment bank (Finance domain) preferred
- Proficient in Oracle (6+ years' experience), including design, writing complex SQLs, trouble shooting and query optimization
- Excellent knowledge of Linux (5+ Years' experience)
- Adept in Microsoft Technologies - C#.Net, Windows Forms & WCF (4 years+ recent experience). Messaging an advantage but not essential.
- Business Objects knowledge would be a plus
- Familiar with the latest technologies Big Data, Python would be a plus
- Exposure to SDLC tools, such as: JIRA, Confluence, SVN, TeamCity, Crucible,
- Exposure to the full software development lifecycle from requirements to testing and release.
- Strong inclination to business, functional understanding
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally in a distributed team
- Ability to learn, you are confident and resourceful
- Working experience in onshore/offshore or outsourced models (desirable)
- You are ambitious, dedicated and hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively