Messaging DevOps Senior Engineer
- Global platform to develop and deliver Middleware solutions being used across divisions and functions within the bank
- Chance to create Enterprise grade scalable middleware solutions in an agile manner
- Fast-paced environment supported with groundbreaking technologies and methodologies
- Opportunity to work as part of a Global team
- Grow Your own culture and rolling up sleeves attitude to deliver
- Transparent and regular interaction with business functions' owners
- You will be responsible for providing support as well as developing new solutions within the domain
- You will communicate design ideas and take part in peer reviews
Nice to have:
- You have 8-10 years of relevant technical experience
- You have deep knowledge of IBM MQ with desired experience of WMB/IIB/ACE including the concepts & implications surrounding building resilient and reliable EAI solutions (messaging paradigms)
- Strong Linux (RHEL 6/7) knowledge (diagnosis, performance, scripting Bash/Perl/Python, rpm packaging)
- You have strong communication skills in oral and written
- First experiences with programming in one of the languages (Java, C++/.NET)
- Knowledge of messaging open source technologies - ActiveMQ/Artemis, others like Kafka, RabbitMQ etc. would be a big advantage
- Strong technical background in MQ administration, Broker administration and TIBCO EMS is required
- You have good experience and knowledge of a UNIX Operating System is required
- Strong experience with UNIX Shell scripting is preferred
- Some experience writing SQL against MS SQL Server and Oracle databases is preferred
- Some experience understanding of tools like Splunk, Geneos is preferred
- Deep understanding of TCPIP and HTTP protocols is required
- Practical experience with automation, orchestration and containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- You have the ability to gather, discuss, negotiate and refine the requirements, interacting with customers
- Providing consultations in all phases of the development, integration and design
- Critical thinking, decision-making, strong analytical skills and good inter-personal skills. Good organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Commercial programming experience (Java, C++/.NET)
- Knowledge of and experience with DevOps concepts, tools, and architectures in building a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) Pipeline (preferably TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Git)
- Commercial software integration experience: databases (preferably Oracle - messaging inventory, ordering tool), SOA, REST/SOAP etc.
- Hands-on experience in open source technologies like, Docker, Git, ActiveMQ, Tomcat, Jenkins.
- You have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/4 year Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience
- You have at least 8 years of Industry experience, at least 3 years of work experience in Banking environments
- You have good knowledge of production support processes and regulations in the banking industry.
- You have deep understanding of setting up DR and High Availability with MQ, MB on VCS clusters
- Passionate about maintaining quality solutions and providing superior customer service
- Creative thinker with a passion to solve challenging problems.
- Results oriented person with an ability to work well in a team or as an individual contributor
- Strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to quickly diagnose complex production issues