Mainframe EM Engineer, ENO (1-7 years),
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Group Operations Solutions (GOS) / Operations IT are looking for a Mainframe resource to collaborate with Application Development, QA, Infrastructure and Business Stakeholders to effectively Configure, Maintain and Improve Stability of UAT Environments for Group Operations Business Applications hosted globally.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our cultural values
- Operate as a team member based in India supporting Mainframe Application Environment Management activities
- Support the onshore and offshore environment management team with knowledge on the setup/configuration and maintenance activities of application non-Prod Environments.
- Co-ordinate environment activities with other teams requiring support in Mainframe Applications Owned by Group Operations Solutions Group.
- Run Batch Cycles/Executions, investigate and address issues and optimize Batch configurations.
- Aid in planning and execution of UAT activities
- Opportunity to work with Application Development and QA teams during system upgrades/End Of Life (EOL) remediation activities for the Applications in the supported areas.
- Provide Technical knowledge for the setup and operation of the application environments.
- Opportunity to automate manual activities and enhance environments monitoring and Stability of Application Environments supported.
- Opportunity to work with Development and QA teams and contribute to implementation of DevOps Practices/Pipelines
- Opportunity to build on investment banking knowledge especially Settlements processing
- Candidate will be part of the globally distributed team
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
- Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science
- 2-5 years of overall professional experience with 1-2 years of experience in Application Environment Management/Application Level 2 Support (investigative support).
- The candidate should have experience supporting Application Environments or Applications for the following technologies:
- Mainframe (JCL, COBOL, PL1, DB2, VSAM & CICS)
- IBM MQ/OMB
- Batch Scheduler, preferably Control-M
- Understanding of Linux/Unix/Windows Environments
- Understanding of Oracle/MS SQL Server/Sybase concepts
- Experience in Incident Management, Change-Management and Release Management is desirable.
- Data streaming experience is a plus
- Exposure to DevOPS Practices implementation is a bonus.
- Outstanding analytical troubleshooting skills and can own problems through to resolution and keep business partners up to date on the progress of resolution.
- A highly proactive team-player eager to support your colleagues when needed.
- Prepared to take on responsibility for tasks and work independently.
- A self-starter, being able to take ownership of tasks on short-notice and work under stress & challenging deadlines.
- Proactively find opportunities to automate manual processes to improve efficiency and Application Environment Stability.
- Experience in working with global teams and ability to coordinate activities with multiple internal teams operating globally.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A proven ability to pick up and learn a wide range of new technologies and topics.
- May have to work in a shift outside of standard India business hours.
- Investment Banking knowledge especially Securities and Settlement processing would be advantageous.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.