Java and React JS Developer, AVP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Overview of business area
Finance Workflow team is an award winning team producing and integrating software to enable business to automate tasks, reduce costs and collaborate more efficiently.
Overview of the team
Workflow team is a global team spread across New York, Raleigh, Wroclaw and India, falling under the broader CFO Solutions department serving Finance business areas.
- Team is a much diversified team with members coming from different background with rich talent.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
This role is for Full Stack Engineer to join the team and further build the strategic workflow platform for broad adoption by several new business areas within Finance IT.
a. Opportunities to work with the latest tool chains and industry best methods using GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
b. Opportunities to work as full stack development engineer
c. Experience with leading commercial and open source Workflow Engine
d. Exposure to new technologies in the bank: Finance Workflow team is recognized as one of the leaders in innovation within Credit Suisse.
e. Opportunities for self-improvement with various training programs within the bank.
f. Experience in a global enterprise with a leading IT infrastructure.
The criteria for success in this role is:
a. Encouraged to take ownership of your components; provide solutions, innovations and improvements while also being accountable / transparent for your decisions.
b. Understand the full tool chain from development to deployment for your components
c. Teamwork / partnering is essential as the workflow platform integrates many components across the bank and success is only obtainable by working with other teams within the bank
d. Always keep in mind the needs of requirement of the bank / clients when proposing new solutions and look to reuse existing components within the bank where possible, without reinventing them. The goal is to deliver the most robust software with the lowest cost and delivery times possible.
e. Be open to new challenges and to move out of your comfort zone.
f. Most importantly, you must deliver robust, tested, software with appropriate documentation.
Working with UX and middleware services development team to implement wireframe mockups into applications, develop REST services, develop messaging and batch services, implement persistent services to RDBM persistence store
- Contribution to problem and root cause analysis, application support and fixing software defects
- Team collaboration, participating in code and design reviews, documenting implemented solutions
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
- 8 years of software development experience
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience with Core Java, Spring Platform components including Security, Boot, Data, and Batch
- Experience designing and consuming REST and SOAP web services
- Experience with Oracle and other SQL databases: database design, writing PL/SQL queries, accessing data with JPQL and ORM frameworks
- 5+ years of proven Front End Web Application Development focusing in the UI/UX
- 5+ years of Java/Spring Boot development
- Proven experience in implementing single page web applications from scratch with React and TypeScript
- Be familiar with unit testing frameworks
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with responsive design
- Passionate at writing "clean code", keeping things simple and organized
- Constantly keep track of new technologies and best methods on the web
- Good understanding of application development lifecycle practices and collaboration tools including GIT, JIRA, Confluence
- Outstanding communication skills
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Nice to have skills
- Hands on software development for product that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible.
- Experience in implementing single page web applications from scratch with Angular
- Experience with a global company, working with diverse teams from different cultural backgrounds
- Any server-side language experience (Java, Node etc), DB, APIs
- Previous experience within Credit Suisse or other banks
- Cloud native development with Docker and Openshift
- Experience with BPM systems e.g. Oracle BPM, Camunda
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.