Java Consultant, AVP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Credit Suisse established several application platforms to globally host applications within the bank that provide a set of technical components, processes, tools, guidelines, services to enable high pace application development, to centrally operate and maintain applications and to manage and evolve the platform as a product.
The major platform is the Java Application Platform(JAP), which is the standard platform for Java Enterprise Edition-based client/server style applications in Credit Suisse.
By standardizing key features and processes in solution delivery and operations, application platforms like Java Application Platform are able to provide tool support for these processes and to automate key activities.
All these platforms evolved into the newest Container as a Service (CaaS) platform ARGO, based on Red Hat OpenShift.
The Platform Consultant assists applications during the initial onboarding, new business releases or migrations.
Platform Consulting includes activities like:
- Understanding customer needs with a reflection on conditions of the standard platforms
- Providing technical/software architectural guidance and advice
- Finding efficient solutions for the customer
- Issue analysis
- Representing the Java Application Platform/ARGO platform and services to the customer
- Assisting projects from kickoff till launch in production
- Guiding projects in questions and issues regarding platform, infrastructure and process
- Coordination of all partners for configuration purposes
- Assisting projects (developer & PL's) during usage of the ToolChain
- Ensuring quality and compliance to standards
- Single point of contact for all questions in platform development and configuration
- Satisfied customers
- High workload in a flexible environment
- Balance between customer demands and conditions of a standard platform
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- 8-12 yrs in Java EE technologies
- Strong general IT knowledge and background in development & infrastructure
- Experience in distributed systems, Linux, WebServices and Oracle databases, configuration of enterprise components, Java EE development
- Experience in Web Logic Application Sever (WLS)
- Experience in Java Application Platform of Credit Suisse would be an asset
- Experience in CaaS concepts
- Experience in Kubernetes/Red Hat OpenShift
- Proficient written and spoken in English
- Professional communication skills
- Able to show enthusiasm in service oriented tasks
- Able to work in a global environment
- Diplomatic and stress resistant
- Team oriented, independent and proactive
- Advanced skills in coordination, organization and tracking
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.